Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2016 09:00

Windows 10 does not sleep or hibernate.

Every time I close my lid or explicitly hit the hibernate or sleep button the computer starts as if it was from a cold boot.  It takes about 25 seconds for it to get past the Dell screen also it seems.  I have a XPS 9950 with an SSD and I have tried turning off hibernate and resetting the power plan back to default without any effect.  A Bois update came out not too long ago.  Used to work without a problem.  Any ideas?  Should I just send it back for warranty support?  

532 Posts

January 4th, 2017 07:00

Hi Kramik,

Welcome to our Community. We might have to update BIOS to get the issue resolved. Please private message the service for us to check for the exact driver for the system. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’

In regards with the slow performance, we request you run through the hardware diagnostics to isolate issues between hardware and software. You can refer to this link http://dell.to/2hQnapt which has a video with the steps to complete the same.

Please share the results.

5 Posts

January 16th, 2019 14:00

dell my sleep hibernate isnt working either   have a Dell Inspiron 5570 15.6" FHD Laptop Computer Intel Core i3 8130U 1TB

No Events found!