Hi....I recently got a "new" open box Inspiron 14R 5437. After getting it all up to date, I decided to go with the 10 upgrade. The upgrade procedure went well,.....but I have multiple issues with the task bar area....no start menu, no Cortana or search,.....nothing works as expected in the clock/date area,.....some of the other taskbar icons will respond to right click,...but left click to open does nothing.....
I decided to roll back to 8.0,......then went to 8.1,........tried 10 again,..still issues as before.
Any suggestions what to do to fix this?
" The upgrade procedure went well,.....but I have multiple issues with the task bar area....no start menu, no Cortana or search,....."
After you upgrade to windows 10 again, check your computer for the latest windows updates,OS Build and Version in settings....
1. Click Start"s button at the left bottom of the taskbar, Settings, Update And Security, and then Check For Updates.
2. Check OS Build (10586.218) and Version(1511) - click Settings, System and then About
If the Start Menu doesn't work then right click the Start's button or press windows key and X key at the same time.....
1. Click Control Panel
2. Look under System And Security, click Find And Fix Problems
3. On the left, click View All
4. First, click windows updates, and then use the other troubleshooting fixes