Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Windows 8,10 not supported for L501X Laptop

Jump to solution

Hi

My husband upgrade my XPS L501X laptop to Windows 10 while I was out of town.   So far, I been able to use most functions but it does lock up and I have to shut it off and start it again.  Takes a long time to discover the WIFI networks .. but I guess from what I am reading is that I should be grateful that it is finding anything at all.  So I guess I will keep using it until I can't unlock it anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Windows 8,10 not supported for L501X Laptop

Jump to solution
Just to add a note here. I did upgrade to Win10 but experienced lots of issues as many other upgrades have reported and not just Dell owners. The thing was so slow it was unbelievable and it has maximum ram and a solid state drive. It also wouldn't close down properly (I checked settings but it wasn't those) and in general it was unusable. There is an option to revert back to Windows 7 within 30days and I would recommend users to do that. A word of warning, the screen just goes blank when you do it and it looks like the machine has hung, into ok about10mins for mine to revert back to Windows 7. A shame as Windows 10 looks like it has good potential, but at the moment it's a bad release in my view.