Highlighted
Kav20
1 Nickel

Windows Not Activated on my new laptop

Jump to solution
So I've recently purchased a new Dell Inspiron 14 5000 (5480) in November and had it arrive in mid December. I had it set up and it was working all fine. After a few days later I noticed a watermark on the bottom left of my screen and I went ahead and checked it and somehow did something to get rid of it. At first I thought it was some minor glitch with Windows, but to reinforce what I thought was correct I went to setting and checked the status and it says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account." I searched up what exactly this means and found that it only happens if a major hardware or software update has been made, but from what I'm aware of I haven't done any of this to my new laptop. Could someone please help me.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Windows Not Activated on my new laptop

Jump to solution

Kav20,

Click the link below for activation information in Windows 10.

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Kav20
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but I got it sorted by going to a chat with a dell employee and he explained that since the product key is integrated to the motherboard it just uses a digital license instead of a product key and usually requires to activate it once.

0 Kudos
Kav20
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

wait so it is not because of the fact that the product key is integrated to the motherboard?

0 Kudos