Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2017 09:00

XPS 13 2-in 1 (9365) intel 8265 no longer working after creator update

We have just purchased the XPS 13 over the past weekend.  The laptop was working great, until the creators update occured.e 

once the update occured the WLAN auto-config service appears to crash during the association phase when the laptop is attempting to connect to an SSID.  It starts to connect, then the autoconfig config crashes and the laptop stops probing for beacons.  I am able to get Wi-FI to work with one of my USB Wi-FI cards.

I have had to roll back to windows 10 in-order to get the wifi card to work.  I have tried the latest drivers from intel and the Dell site and I have been unable to get the wifi-card to function.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 11th, 2017 10:00

The Creator's Build did not bother my system.  Other than always having to set my system to a Private network after such an upgrade/update, it works normally.

Can we assume all of your Drivers/Bios updates are done?  If you want to give some info regarding your configuration, we can compare systems.

Windows 10 seems to have a built in driver for that Wi-Fi adapter.  The Dell driver should work better, so you might try to reinstall it, just in case or vice versa..

3 Posts

September 11th, 2017 15:00

All the drviers are up to date.  I'm also stating to see the same issue pre-creators.  I've switched to a USB 802.11AC dongle for the time being.  I'm starting to think there is a hardware problem as I'm not having any issues with my USB WI-Fi dongle.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 11th, 2017 15:00

I forgot to add, take into consideration your Wireless Router.  Check to see if any firmware upgrade is available for it.

No Events found!