Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 21st, 2017 06:00

XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 Power problems and Airplane mode.

I suppose I have two problems.  After the new Creator's Build upgrade, I started seeing this system will stay in Modern Standby all night where before it would go into hibernation.  I also notice the system will not shutdown but go into the low power mode.

Because of this, the battery drains around 2% per hour while the system has the lid closed and put away.

Along with this, I notice whenever the system starts, the Airplane mode is automatically engaged and I cannot find a way to stop this from happening.

This is happening on the OEM install and on a clean install.

Neither the Sleepstudy report or energy report yields any useful info.  This upgrade (16299.19) seems to have a new battery manager in place, maybe it is involved somehow.

Thanks..

30 Posts

October 21st, 2017 06:00

Hi

I have exactely the same problem

Since "Fall Creator"  update, the notebook simply do not sleep or hibernate. Instead it goes in AIRPLANE mode.

It seems like a bug with adpater = in fact if you put computer twice to sleep it goes out from AIRPALNE mode.

ONly way to save the batery to swithc off totally !!

October 21st, 2017 07:00

Exact same problem here as described above - weird.  Anxiously waiting on a fix...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 21st, 2017 14:00

After some more research, I used the shutdown /s command from an admin command prompt and the system shut down.

If I use the Shutdown option from the start button, even though it shows the Shutting Down screen, it just logs you out.

When I used the Winkey+X menu it showed the shutting down message but the system did not shut down all the way, the backlight stayed on and the system appeared dead.  I had to hold the power button to get it back.

The Airplane mode is still being engaged, so no help there yet.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 12:00

I was installing a new version of the Intel RST and it did a restart on the system after the install.  I noticed no Airplane mode was shown after the restart.

So I used the shutdown /r command to restart the system and no Airplane mode after that process.  I will be using the command prompt window for the foreseeable future to shutdown and restart my system.

So it appears, the Windows 10 commands are causing this situation.   Whether it is by design because of the Instant Go or a bug in the new upgrade, I suppose only time will tell.

30 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 04:00

I tried your RST = it made me a full mess to restart the computer and did NOT solve anything

I had to uninstall it immedaitely

Some ideas how to solve ?

Now the computer is not even doing a "normal"  "Shut down"  it means I have to make a hard stop by holding the button.

You ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 06:00

All I did was to install a new SATA driver, which did not help.

Otherwise, you might use the Admin command prompt and the Shutdown /s for shutdown or shutdown /r for a restart.  Right now, the only way to stop the battery drain is shut the system down.

My system will no longer go into hibernation after the specified time.  Last night it used 24% of the battery in 9 hours and did absolutely nothing, no updates or mail or anything.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 18:00

In case anyone was thinking about it, I just did a clean install of the last Win 10 build.  The exact same thing is happening, so it won't do any good to reinstall.

I did try a rollback to the prior build.  It went very quickly and the system was back up in just a few minutes.  I will say, if you decided to do this, let the system have some quiet time to finish in the background since my drive and processor were showing high activity for almost an hour.  

I have told everyone I can so hopefully someone will take notice.

October 23rd, 2017 20:00

I reverted back over the weekend... everything has been back to "normal" since... I will continue to monitor this thread for updates.

30 Posts

October 24th, 2017 07:00

I tried to contact the DELL service = No answer

The XPS computer was so nice and I was happy about it = now it is totally boring machine !!

I paid for NBD and NO-ONE react on anything

Dell wake up please !!

30 Posts

October 26th, 2017 12:00

When will come the fix ?

I am looking every where and many people speaks about this problem and NO FIX for the moment ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 26th, 2017 17:00

No way to know when something will be done.  I have explained the problem to all manufacturers which might have an interest.

30 Posts

October 27th, 2017 05:00

Did you receive something please or find any solution for me always the same sh****

Thanks

3 Posts

October 28th, 2017 09:00

So how to solve this annoying problem:

* Open Start and click the Settings entry

* Click System

* On the next screen, click Power and Suspend

* On the right, under Related Settings, click on Additional Power Settings

* In the new window that you just opened, in the left section, click on Specify Power Button Behavior

* Now click on the item at the top Change the settings currently unavailable

* By going to the Stop Settings section, turn off Quick Start, unchecking the check box

* Click Save Changes

* Now, your computer will no longer have the problem described, but it will shut down completely after the Stop System command available on the Start screen

For me it worked

XPS 13 2-in-1

Bruno CTJD-sPace4D

3 Posts

October 28th, 2017 10:00

* Open Start and click the Settings entry

* Click System

* On the next screen, click Power and Suspend

* On the right, under Related Settings, click on Additional Power Settings

* In the new window that you just opened, in the left section, click on Specify Power Button Behavior

* Now click on the item at the top Change the settings currently unavailable

* By going to the Stop Settings section, turn off Quick Start, unchecking the check box

* Click Save Changes

XPS 13 2 in 1

for me to work

CTJD-sPace4D

October 28th, 2017 10:00

Can anyone confirm this... so somehow this setting changed with the update?

No Events found!