Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2017 02:00

XPS 15-9560, 5 to 10 second freezing

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to say that I am very disappointed with Dell. Last month I ordered the XPS 15-9560. Once I received, after 1 hour of usage a black screen issue appeared and every 10 minutes  the black screen comes and the system hangs. I contacted Dell services and after a long discussion and waste of time, they agreed to replace it with a new laptop. After a long wait and wasted one more week to get new laptop, I got today another. All data setup with personal data etc spend lot time to transfer data second time. I have again problem now laptop freezing 5 to 10 second. When I written email or used work words coming after 10 second. I think best option return back to Dell.

Regards,

:emotion-39:

1 Message

April 24th, 2017 14:00

I got my new XPS 15 9560 a week ago.    I had this freezing problem from Day 1 (Windows 10), but it only happened when I was using Chrome, or had at least one Chrome window open.    The whole machine froze for 10-20 seconds, about every 10-15 minutes - but occasionally 2 or 3 times within 2 minutes.   I spoke with Dell twice, wasting hours, and in the end they wanted to rest the machine to factory settings.   I was about to return the machine, when a techie pal sent me this (from some forum he uses):

Disabling "Hardware Acceleration" fixed my chrome lagging issue.

chrome://settings/ >Show advanced settings… >System > Untick "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Restart Chrome by entering "chrome://restart" in omnibar without quotes.

I did this, and have been using the machine for a couple of days now, with multiple Chrome windows open - and no more problems.

May 11th, 2017 18:00

I'm on Dell's XPS Product Development team and wanted to let you know that we have a driver scheduled to be released in mid June that resolves this issue. I'll post an update when it's live.

9 Posts

May 18th, 2017 04:00

HI there Luke! I was wondering if this driver will also fix DPC latency on the laptop. I've been experiencing latency on my Dell XPS 15 9560 and am very disappointed at how it cracks and stutters when I use my music production software. I used Latencymon and it tells me that lots of drivers (acpi.sys and ndis.sys mainly) are the culprits. Please tell me there is a fix for this, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

May 31st, 2017 15:00

We've posted two drivers that should improve any stuttering or lagging that you're experiencing: an Intel HD graphics driver and a NVidia N17P G0 graphics driver. Both can be found at www.dell.com/.../drivers.

I'll be checking back on this thread over the next four weeks. Please let me know if this resolves all of your issues.

Sxvrxn, I'm not sure whether this will address your DPC latency issues specifically. We've been testing for more generalized latency issues. Can you install the drivers and let me know what you see? If Latencymon is still registering several drivers causing stuttering I can escalate to my quality and engineering team.

9 Posts

May 31st, 2017 22:00

Thank you Luke, I'll install the drivers and see if that changes anything.

9 Posts

June 1st, 2017 01:00

Correction, the drivers now causing latency are also Wdf01000.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

9 Posts

June 1st, 2017 01:00

Ok, so I installed the drivers and I'm still having freezing issues and latency. I really am hopeless at this point. I've tried everything: Fresh install of Windows, updated/rolled back/updated all the drivers, and checked for viruses. I've already contacted the support team but they can only help with hardware issues, not software. ACPI.sys and NDIS.sys are still causing major spikes in latencymon. I started seeing these issues around the end of March/Beginning of April. Thank you so much for being so helpful thus far, but please, Luke, I'm desperate.

June 6th, 2017 08:00

sxvxrxn, can you e-mail me at luke.presley@dell.com? I'd like to discuss further.

1 Message

July 4th, 2017 19:00

It seems the 21.20.16.4678 Intel 630 Graphics driver solves the issue. Integrate the changes from this release to your current driver release and there should be no problems afterwards. What are the consequences of not using the DELL approved drivers ?

[thinking]

Why didn't I buy the Macbook Pro...? Oh, yeah, no CUDA capable GPU.

Right now, I am really considering waiting for something to load than have problems all the time. It's true that GPU processing is fast, but at what cost ? C'mon DELL, you can do more than this. What happened?

1 Message

January 15th, 2018 15:00

driver ever show?

2 Posts

September 12th, 2018 02:00

This is literally the worst experience I've ever had owning a computer, bar none. Even my old Compaq in the 90's was at the very least consistent. This is a computer that in theory looks good, and can perform here and there, but it is constantly bogged down by lags, freezes, random functions not working, and all Dell does is tell you to factory reset and do a clean reinstall, which at best makes the issue go away for a short period of time. This is a display piece, not a functional piece of equipment. I as a student, spent my entire budget on this machine, because I needed a portable workhorse computer, and this is giving me an aneurysm! Trying to get work - or anything as a matter of fact done, with this machine, becomes a stressful, rage inducing experience, of just waiting, thinking "When will it seize up next?" to then sit there, staring helplessly for half a minute, at the thing you just spent a small fortune on, as it just stops functioning for a while.

And that's not even mentioning how terrible the internet module is: anything internet related on this computer, is **bleep**, and the fix? Changing it to a different one, as in you'd have to open the computer up, take out the sub par component dell used, and replace it with a different one.

Like many others, I've always held Dell in a high regard, for making well built, stable machines, but needless to say, that is over at this point. 
The fact that they haven't even TRIED to come up with a solution, to respond to these sorts of threads, is in itself quite telling.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2019 16:00

I have the same problem and tried almost as many solutions as I can find online. But they do not help to my issue. I bought the XPS13 (the top spec with all top options) but I am very regret now. If this issue cant be fixed recently, Dell will be out of my life totally.

No Events found!