rebootdaily
1 Copper

RE: XPS 15-9560, 5 to 10 second freezing

Jump to solution

driver ever show?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We've posted two drivers that should improve any stuttering or lagging that you're experiencing: an Intel HD graphics driver and a NVidia N17P G0 graphics driver. Both can be found at www.dell.com/.../drivers.

I'll be checking back on this thread over the next four weeks. Please let me know if this resolves all of your issues.

Sxvrxn, I'm not sure whether this will address your DPC latency issues specifically. We've been testing for more generalized latency issues. Can you install the drivers and let me know what you see? If Latencymon is still registering several drivers causing stuttering I can escalate to my quality and engineering team.

0 Kudos
sxvxrxn
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you Luke, I'll install the drivers and see if that changes anything.

0 Kudos
sxvxrxn
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Ok, so I installed the drivers and I'm still having freezing issues and latency. I really am hopeless at this point. I've tried everything: Fresh install of Windows, updated/rolled back/updated all the drivers, and checked for viruses. I've already contacted the support team but they can only help with hardware issues, not software. ACPI.sys and NDIS.sys are still causing major spikes in latencymon. I started seeing these issues around the end of March/Beginning of April. Thank you so much for being so helpful thus far, but please, Luke, I'm desperate.

0 Kudos
sxvxrxn
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Correction, the drivers now causing latency are also Wdf01000.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

sxvxrxn, can you e-mail me at luke.presley@dell.com? I'd like to discuss further.

0 Kudos
dcolceag
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It seems the 21.20.16.4678 Intel 630 Graphics driver solves the issue. Integrate the changes from this release to your current driver release and there should be no problems afterwards. What are the consequences of not using the DELL approved drivers ?

[thinking]

Why didn't I buy the Macbook Pro...? Oh, yeah, no CUDA capable GPU.

Right now, I am really considering waiting for something to load than have problems all the time. It's true that GPU processing is fast, but at what cost ? C'mon DELL, you can do more than this. What happened?

0 Kudos
VJHM
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15-9560, 5 to 10 second freezing

Jump to solution

This is literally the worst experience I've ever had owning a computer, bar none. Even my old Compaq in the 90's was at the very least consistent. This is a computer that in theory looks good, and can perform here and there, but it is constantly bogged down by lags, freezes, random functions not working, and all Dell does is tell you to factory reset and do a clean reinstall, which at best makes the issue go away for a short period of time. This is a display piece, not a functional piece of equipment. I as a student, spent my entire budget on this machine, because I needed a portable workhorse computer, and this is giving me an aneurysm! Trying to get work - or anything as a matter of fact done, with this machine, becomes a stressful, rage inducing experience, of just waiting, thinking "When will it seize up next?" to then sit there, staring helplessly for half a minute, at the thing you just spent a small fortune on, as it just stops functioning for a while.

And that's not even mentioning how terrible the internet module is: anything internet related on this computer, is **bleep**, and the fix? Changing it to a different one, as in you'd have to open the computer up, take out the sub par component dell used, and replace it with a different one.

Like many others, I've always held Dell in a high regard, for making well built, stable machines, but needless to say, that is over at this point. 
The fact that they haven't even TRIED to come up with a solution, to respond to these sorts of threads, is in itself quite telling.

0 Kudos