Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 30th, 2017 15:00

XPS 15 9560 fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello no longer work

When I try to logon; Windows looks like the fingerprint Windows Hello works but it doesn't.  It ask for my pin which doesn't work either.  Only my password works.  I used to be able to use my finger for everything.  Now I can't.  It recognizes my finger but just won't logon.  If I try a different finger it says wrong finger.

Dell XPS 9560

Windows 10 Pro

All updates applied.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 31st, 2017 08:00

purplenate26,

Go into Windows and delete the fingerprint and then set it up again. Sometimes when updates are installed for Windows 10 it seems to corrupt the fingerprint login. 

August 31st, 2017 18:00

DELL-Jesse L

I did what you asked of me.  I deleted my finger and re-added my original finger.  When I tried to open task manager it says finger not recognized.  So I deleted finger and added a new finger and this time it worked.  I really like this Hello, but it seems flaky.

Any time frame as to when Dell will get this fixed?

1 Message

October 17th, 2017 07:00

I am having the same problem.  But I don't understand what it means to "go into Windows and delete the fingerprint."  Where do I find it?

October 17th, 2017 10:00

See screenshot.

1 Message

October 17th, 2017 15:00

I'm having the same problem, can't get fingerprint to work, can't get PIN to work, can't get Hello to work (not even an option visible)

October 17th, 2017 17:00

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS 15 9560.  I have reinstalled biometric driver plus the other suggestions mentioned above.  No success.

I can go through the process of setting it up but after I authenticate with my password, it closes the window and the setup is lost.  I then robooted to make sure it wasn't a windows reboot thing, and it still was not saved.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 17th, 2017 21:00

I just set my 9365 up with the fingerprint sign-in which worked normally on the second reboot.  I put my finger on the spot before it got to the log on screen since it is hard to see the little square to place the finger,

This was after the new build, if it matters.

15 Posts

October 31st, 2017 06:00

I can set PIN and when I try to add my finger it ask me for the PIN. So far so good.

But when i click "Get Started" i get the just the window below and hear a sound something like disconnecting an USB Drive.

Windows Creators Update 1709

Finger Printer Driver - 5.1.3223.26

Hopefully someone have an idea what to do.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 31st, 2017 08:00

But when i click "Get Started" i get the just the window below and hear a sound something like disconnecting an USB Drive.

Your system is telling you an Administrator is needed.  Have you verified your system so you can sync your files?  Are you the administrative user?

If you try to turn on the sync option, does it allow you to so without a Verify link being present?

15 Posts

October 31st, 2017 09:00

Hi it is a company pc and i´m logged in with an standard user. but i have admin password.

this message is not related to the finger print i think.

15 Posts

November 7th, 2017 23:00

Fingerprint is working on an the dell notbook (not xps) of a colleague with the same windows setup.

He also have the same permissions.  

2 Posts

November 10th, 2017 01:00

Hey, I was having the same issue for about two weeks. My XPS 15 9560 is two months old so i just thought something might have been wrong with it even though it worked for the months prior. However, I went to Dell's website, typed in drivers to look for new drivers for the XPS. I downloaded the fingerprint driver, restarted the computer, it didn't work. But there's a BIOS download that'll require your computer to restart. Download that. After I downloaded it, immediately I could finally use my pin to sign in. I went into the sign in options and set the fingerprint up again and it works fine now - 11/10/17

15 Posts

November 10th, 2017 02:00

Hi,

thank you for the replay!

Do you mean for the FingerPrint Sensor is a seperated BIOS update or do you mean the BIOS update itself?

I´ve installed BIOS 1.5.0 and Finger Print Driver Version 5.1.3223.26 (from Device Manager)

Can you send me a link to the drivers you installed?

Thank you!

2 Posts

November 12th, 2017 08:00

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

I believe that is the one I downloaded. But if you go to dells site, search drivers, enter your service tag or use "dell detect", all the updates you need will be listed. I'll give the link for the xps 9560

www.dell.com/.../drivers

15 Posts

November 13th, 2017 08:00

Hi,

I´ve installed latest drivers from Dell HP.

thanks

No Events found!