PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 15 9560 fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello no longer work

Hi it is a company pc and i´m logged in with an standard user. but i have admin password.

this message is not related to the finger print i think.

0 Kudos
PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

Fingerprint is working on an the dell notbook (not xps) of a colleague with the same windows setup.

He also have the same permissions.  

0 Kudos
Epicron27
1 Copper

Hey, I was having the same issue for about two weeks. My XPS 15 9560 is two months old so i just thought something might have been wrong with it even though it worked for the months prior. However, I went to Dell's website, typed in drivers to look for new drivers for the XPS. I downloaded the fingerprint driver, restarted the computer, it didn't work. But there's a BIOS download that'll require your computer to restart. Download that. After I downloaded it, immediately I could finally use my pin to sign in. I went into the sign in options and set the fingerprint up again and it works fine now - 11/10/17

PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

Hi,

thank you for the replay!

Do you mean for the FingerPrint Sensor is a seperated BIOS update or do you mean the BIOS update itself?

I´ve installed BIOS 1.5.0 and Finger Print Driver Version 5.1.3223.26 (from Device Manager)

Can you send me a link to the drivers you installed?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Epicron27
1 Copper

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

I believe that is the one I downloaded. But if you go to dells site, search drivers, enter your service tag or use "dell detect", all the updates you need will be listed. I'll give the link for the xps 9560

www.dell.com/.../drivers

0 Kudos
PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

Hi,

I´ve installed latest drivers from Dell HP.

thanks

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

If the PIN does not work, the fingerprint will not.  If you have not backed completely out of Hello, remove the fingerprint and remove the PIN.  Then reboot and start over.

I see messages on my system (9365) all the time about Hello for Business cannot start.  I do not know why I get those messages since this is a personal computer unless it is related to a vPro processor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

Hi

PIN is working. I log on every day with my PIN.

I cannot remove the PIN because i have no button to do. I just have the button change?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
frasefrase
1 Nickel

I'm having the same problem. Fingerprint reader has been working fine since I bought the laptop. I had to get a Dell engineer out to replace the motherboard, and then windows updated to the fall update, and now it no longer works.

I've tried removing the print and the PIN, installing all the latest BIOS and driver updates available, but still no luck with it. I have the same issue as someone mentions above -  I try to set it up lifting my finger and pressing it on the reader, but the process just quits before it finishes.

PhilipMoritz
1 Nickel

Very stange issue behavior!!

i´ve renamed the Ngc folder under "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft"

then i restarted the pc.

after the restart my pin is gone. so far so good.

now i tried to setup my fingerprint. Fingerprint setup comes up and asked me to put and lift my finger.

After Windows got my finger it asked me to setup a pin.

i entered my pin code click ok but windows did not safe any entry. No PIN set No FP set.

Then I setup the PIN directly and this worked. BUT now when i want to add a FP i got the same behavior as before. If i click next on the FP setup i just hear a sound (same when unplug a USB) and nothing happen.

this drives me crazy!