1 Copper

XPS One 2710 (Mid 2012) and Windows 10

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me please if the "XPS One 2710 (Mid 2012)" is under investigation at dell for supporting windows 10. I have read in other posts that unofficial upgrades/install do work fine. Will DELL ever support the "XPS One 2710 (Mid 2012)" with Windows 10. If so, when ???

Regards,

Stephan

44 Replies
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

RE: XPS One 2710 (Mid 2012) and Windows 10

Unfortunetly the 2710 is not on the list and as such probably will not be supported officially. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Sorry for cross-posting: I can only voice my support to everyone that have posted the same request. Hopefully, if all owners of the XPS 2710 speak out, Dell will rethink their decision. I was really surprised that Dell apparantly have abandoned the XPS 2710 already, sine it must be considered an expensive high-end produkt and since Win 8 was so flawed. This really makes me reconsider to choose Dell in the future. For the courtesy of your existing customers, Dell, at least provide us with the technical reasons why the 2720 got approved while the 2710 did not!

Highlighted
1 Copper

I totally concur. I bought my XPS AIO 2710 system only 2 years ago and already it is not supported. I will also not be buying another DELL product if this is not fixed. It is very poor showing on the part of such a big company. I guess individual private users are not their bread and butter...!!!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Well so far it seems Dell is non-responsive. Well I am not - I have already replaced one of my Dell machines with Lenovo and the second Dell is also replaced (Apple - don't ask) and if this XPS One 2710 issue isn't addressed this third one will be the last of the Dell machines and it will be someone other than a Dell replacing it!!!!

Highlighted
5 Tungsten

You will find the same thing with Apple and Lenovo, HP and others.  Have you tried to get the drivers from the chipset makers themselves?

Highlighted
1 Copper

I have been fan of Dell computers for a long time, but I believe I have bought my last one from them.  To spend a couple thousand dollars on a computer and have it be obsolete in 2-3 years is unbelievable.  My daughter owns an Apple macbook pro and after four years it still upgrades to the latest OS.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Very poor though the response is from Dell, I suppose we might also ask why Microsoft has made their desirable new upgrade so finicky in failing to work with some current firmware. They too seem to be failing their customers.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Same for me

I like my XPS ONE 2710 but i dislike the Dell support.

No update to Windows 10 and also if there is some problem i have negative experience.

I already ordered a Surface Book and if Dell do no update to windows 10 then i will use my 2710 as 27 inch Monitor.

A pity for such as expensive nice device to lead in used as a monitor.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I suggest you do not upgrade to Windows 10 on the Dell XPS 2710.  After several boots, the system will no longer start up.  No screen, no CD access, no way to  boot from a USB boot drive.  The only response are 4 beeps which indicate a motherboard issue.  The machine is just out of a two year warranty.  I now have a $1,900 brick.   Very diappointed in Dell.