Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2015 04:00

cortana not available in your region

Upgraded from 8.1 t o windows 10 on my Inspiron 5000 laptop. All seems to be working except Cortana.Can anyone help? It works if I set everything to US region and language but not UK. I set Uk region, time and downloaded the UK English language pack but still get the not available message when I know it is and other people have it. I would prefer not to stay set to US as it then always takes me to US websites and quotes in dollars.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As you would know that Cortana is region specific ,if the OS language and installation is done with English US Settings - Cortana will only work with respective regional settings.

If the installation is done correctly then the only order option is for you to contact Microsoft as they would be able to help you further .

Thanks 

Robin.

3 Posts

August 18th, 2015 04:00

Solved this problem. I found the other thread about Cortana region and followed the advice there. I needed to restart and then re-check everything was set to English UK again (the language input still said English US) and restart again. This time it worked.

2 Posts

March 24th, 2016 06:00

cortana is also not available in my region any solution of this . ?

No Events found!