TedR2
2 Bronze

newbie W10 questions: a) website shortcuts and b) recovery drive

I am the happy owner of a new Inspiron 3670 with W10 that is up and running with all my apps loaded and playing nice 🙂 It replaces a 2011 W7 Inspiron that gave me good service.

a) I miss desktop website shortcuts, and I can't seem to use W10 favorites to replace them, a typical use is to copy a website shortcut into a folder, which favorites seems not to do. Am I missing something? Perhaps MS has a "shortcut app" in the MS store that it would like me to use? What are other people doing for website shortcuts?

b) I wish to make a recovery drive on a disk drive, which I know how to do, but, I also want to store file folders on the same drive. Do I need to create a partition for the recovery file, or, does it know to ignore my data file folders?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: newbie W10 questions: a) website shortcuts and b) recovery drive

Website favorites are normally stored in the browser, so which one do you use?

If you open the search from the taskbar there is a search web from there but I can't think of a special utility that stores you web favorites on the desktop..

The Winkey+Tab will show a history which may do part of what you want..

TedR2
2 Bronze

Re: newbie W10 questions: a) website shortcuts and b) recovery drive

Thank you. I use the default browser MS EDGE.

I tried win key + tab and it opened a new desktop which isn't what I want. Perhaps I didn't make things clear. What I seek is the shortcuts that all versions of Internet Explorer provided and which seem to be absent from EDGE for some reason. I understand how favorites operate, EDGE seems to be very similar to CHROME in that regard, however I want shortcuts not favorites.