Highlighted
Not applicable

"Update your Recovery Media" Constantly popping up. (Even after updating already)

Since upgrading to Windows 10, on my Alienware 17R3, I Constantly keep getting a popup to "update Your Recovery Media".  I did update my recovery media immediately after upgrading to windows 10, But I still keep getting the popup every time i reboot my laptop and almost every hour or so.   I have clicked on "Do Not remind me" option on popup , but  I Still Get it!

I figured it no harm to trying to update my recovery media again just a couple days ago to see if I could get rid of the nagging popup, But I am still getting it.  emoticon.Huh?.title Has anyone else experienced this and know any solution/suggestions?? 

11 Replies
Highlighted
7 Gold

RE: "Update your Recovery Media" Constantly popping up. (Even after updating already)

Try asking your question in the Alienware owner club forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: "Update your Recovery Media" Constantly popping up. (Even after updating already)

This is more than an Alienware issue.  I have an Inspiron 3847 and have been having the same issue. It seems to popup mostly when using Java applications.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem, and it's nothing to do with Alienware.  Anyone get an answer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem and my operating system is Windows 8.1. This all started with the last Dell Backup & Restore software update. I called tech support but they won't look at the problem unless I pay since my system is out of warranty.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have windows 8.1 and I also had an update for backup and restore software. Mine was popping up all the time asking question. I figured out how to get rid of it. First when installing or updating software there is a two step process. One is to update the software. Step two is to make a usb backup, if you don't do a new usb backup after the software update the pop up will drive you crazy. Even though I already had a backup copy on a usb drive I went ahead and did another copy because your software was updated your software wants to do a backup with the new version of software that it just updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm using win10 on a dell laptop and having the same problem. I am not using the program because I"m using a Western Digital backup.  When the popup comes up, it gives me three options: update media, remind me later or do not remind me. I have clicked the "Do not remind me" a few dozen times and it still keeps coming back at regular intervals. I want to know how to stop it from coming back. Do I need to uninstall the program?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sorry, It's been a long time now since I had this problem , but as previous user (dncingfool) said I believe it had something to do with choosing the backup option after clicking on the popup.  You can use External Hard drive, DVD's or USB I believe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sorry, first time posting. Mistakenly made two posts. See the other one for answers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Uninstall it. Solved my problem. Backup your data manually to an external media source. Download an installer for Dell Command Update and if you need to re-install windows you can use Command Update to download a full list of drivers for your system devices. You may need to manually install a network driver first if you're using a clean install of windows though.

0 Kudos