Highlighted
Quaaka
1 Copper

software transfer from old dying windows 10 system to new Dell windows 10 sytem

I am wondering if there is some software available to transfer all of my current by dying system to my new system.  I tried PC mover and it only transferred about 20% of my information and left enormous amounts of data and programs behind of which almost all were free type software.

Would appreciate any assistance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: software transfer from old dying windows 10 system to new Dell windows 10 sytem

0 Kudos
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

RE: software transfer from old dying windows 10 system to new Dell windows 10 sytem

I'm not sure you can move programs themselves, just the data like saved games and pictures, movies, itunes stuff, etc.  The software like Office, Games, etc. installs files all over the place and puts stuff in the registry which generally cannot be moved from one PC to another.  If most of your stuff is free software, I would download it all onto the new computer and focus on moving your personal files.

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

You can use clonning software to install an exact copy of the old hard drive to a new system, assuming that the old installation is not faulty. You will have an exact copy, including the old version of Windows. As mentioned above, reinstalling the old programs will result in a cleaner installation. Do nt depend on any software to movecall thecdata. Copy it yourself on a flash drivec and paste it in the necessary folders.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos