Highlighted
vinniec
1 Copper

start menu not working in win 10

Updated my Dell Venue 8 Pro to Windows 10. Updated BIOS (A11) and Chip-set drivers (603.9600.2067.27988_A00)

Tablet starts up normally and I login with no problems.  Loads into the classic screen.  When I select the start menu or action center, nothing happens.  If I hold down the start menu and swipe up, it will act like I right click with a mouse but I still can not get to the start menu or action center screens.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

RE: start menu not working in win 10

The Windows 10 forum at Microsoft is available for help. Tablets are really not good candidates for windows 10 yet and some never will be. MS is still working on phones and tablets and win 10. Consider using the option in Recovery to return to windows 8.1. The option is only available for a month after upgrading.

0 Kudos
vinniec
1 Copper

Thanks for the response.  There is a note stating that Venue 8 Pro is win 10 ready so that is why I went with the upgrade, should of read more before jumping in.

Since I can not get to the action center, it will not come up, I can not recover to Win 8.1.  I will look around the Win 10 forum.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
vinniec
1 Copper

Followup on problem.

After not hearing anything, I went and reinstalled Win 8.1 on the Venue 8 Pro after reading how to return to factory setting (turning it on and off 3~4 times and follow instructions). Then I verified all the drivers were updated and completed the Win 10 update. Now the system is working fine, don't know if I had a bad install or driver issues.

0 Kudos
awais1997
1 Copper

Frankly i would say that windows 10 has lots of issues but the major issues  is start menu  but i would recommend you to create another user name into your computer and it will all be fine and you will find more answer via this guide, "How To Fix windows 10 start menu and Taskbar Cortana not working".

0 Kudos