Highlighted
Not applicable

windows 10

sir,

my dell laptop model 

inspiron 15 3542 

will dell provide me windows 10 drivers for this laptop model

if yes when drivers be available.i checked dell site windows 10 drivers not available why

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: windows 10

Hi Sathya307,

Thanks for posting.  In checking the Drivers and Downloads for this system, the following message can be seen: 

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell has not confirmed that this product can upgrade to Windows 10. Some drivers, firmware, applications, and connected devices may not work as you would expect.

Therefore, the drivers will not be available for this product.  Thanks.

UPDATE:  Sometime after I posted this reply, the Drivers and Downloads page was updated to include the Windows 10 Drivers.  While Dell has not confirmed that this product can upgrade to Windows 10. Keep in mind that some drivers, firmware, applications, and connected devices may not work as you would expect.  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/drivers/ad...

-Robert

0 Kudos
Highlighted

this is a rip off.. i just bought my 3542 about 7 months ago. bought a dell coz thought they were good about support. and now dell is saying too bad, u bought the wrong one. gonna have to go back to HP for next purchase. ive only bought their laptops in the past and this time i made a exception. but, obviously i made a mistake..

i spoke too soon, Dell came thru with the drivers for my laptop, and they are now tested. mine works pretty good. one issue, but not sure why yet. so, sorry Dell, coz u took care of me.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

However, in checking the Knowledge Base article "Computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10", it says that the Inspiron 3542 has been tested, and is supported for 64 bit OS, but not 32 bit. 

So which is it?

This is not the only machine with this conflicting information. A bit of consistency in the support pages would be welcome!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

very weird.. i seen the post from dell that the 3542 would not be supported or whatever. i just went to the driver update page, and there are a bunch of files for the 3542, updates for pretty much everything for windows 10.. strange but true... well Dell, i take back what i said about not buying another of ur laprtops.

must have been some sort of mix up. coz the files are there, and like i said before, i did the upgrade and no problems really.... yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 Kudos