Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2022 16:00

Windows 11 Update

Recently, probably a month ago or so, I started getting the notice that my laptop was ready for the Windows 11 Update.  I wanted to wait until I had plenty of time to devote to the update in case I needed to do something extra to get it going.  So I had some time off and decided to try the update.  However, when I went to click on the update notice that I had seen, it was no longer there.  Just a message that says "Coming soon: Windows 11, version 22H2".  So where did it go ?  Is this a case of "hurry up and wait"?  I guess some changes were made or something.

10 Posts

November 24th, 2022 07:00

The Windows 11 Update noticed popped up again,   So I took advantage and just downloaded and installed Windows 11.  From download, install, and back to rebooting took about 1 hr and 20 mins.  So far everything seems good to go !

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 15th, 2022 20:00

There is an update to Windows 11 coming soon, 22H2. But if you want to update now to the present Windows 11 version simply go to the Windows 11 site here and click on the Installation Assistant which is the same as the update opportunity you had in Windows 10.

402 Posts

November 16th, 2022 10:00

I'm positive the Installation Assistant will update you to Windows 11 22H2, the same if you download and boot installation media. I imagine Windows Update would do the same, if it were offering you an update; don't know why it isn't. Windows 11 has been out for a year now. By all means bypass Windows Update and do the upgrade.

No Events found!