Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2015 09:00

Cannot uninstall 'Dell System Detect'

Dell XPS 27

Windows 8.1

I wen to the Dell website to update my drivers and it asked my to install Dell System Detect - so I downloaded and installed it.  When I went to the start menu to run it I noticed that  I had two instances; one of them had a '1' at the end of its name.  I hopped over to 'Programs and Features' to see what was going on and I found two instances installed on my machine.  The second one was there with the '1' after the name. 

Needless to say, I was quite surprised and annoyed that Dell would perform a side by side install rather than updating the existing one.  I decided to uninstall both and start from scratch but the original one (version 5.4.0.4) will not uninstall; I get the following error: Uninstall of application did not succeed.  The log file contains the following:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.34014
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfshim.dll             : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : DellSystemDetect.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e30b47f5d4a30e9e, processorArchitecture=msil

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Error occurred during store lookup, component store may have been corrupted. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Application is not installed.
    * Error occurred during uninstall of the application. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Application is not installed.
    * Exception occurred during uninstall of application DellSystemDetect.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e30b47f5d4a30e9e, processorArchitecture=msil. Following failure messages were detected:
        + ARP entry 73f463568823ebbe does not exist.
        + Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [7/26/2015 11:20:55 AM] : Looking up information from component store.
    * [7/26/2015 11:20:55 AM] : Uninstall of application DellSystemDetect.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e30b47f5d4a30e9e, processorArchitecture=msil did not succeed.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [7/26/2015 11:20:55 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)
        - Application is not installed.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckInstalledAndShellVisible(SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)
    * [7/26/2015 11:20:55 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)
        - Application is not installed.
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckInstalled(SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)
    * [7/26/2015 11:20:55 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidARPEntry)
        - ARP entry 73f463568823ebbe does not exist.
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.ArgumentException
        - Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.
        - Source: mscorlib
        - Stack trace:
            at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

September 30th, 2015 20:00

I have the same issue. There seems to be a slow down in my computer because of this issue. Any resolution yet?

No Events found!