Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2013 10:00

Dell Backup & Recovery

Hai all,

this is Gowtham,

I'm using Inspiron 620s Desktop PC, I bought this PC with Windows 7 Home Basic installed, and now upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro, after upgrading, I uninstalled Dell DataSafe™ Local Backup, and tried to install Dell Backup & Recovery, it is working on my PC but the options in it are not displayed properly, I don't know what to do now, please anyone help me, and I have inserted the images that how Dell Backup & Recovery is displayed in my PC, please see it and help me.

1.5K Posts

April 4th, 2013 06:00

Hi gooowtham,

It appears to be an issue with the Language settings.

Please uninstall the application and restart the system. Install the application again and change the language to English (United States) while installing the application.

Hope this helps. Please share the findings.

1.5K Posts

April 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi gooowtham,

Glad the issue is resolved for you.

In regards to your question of changing the language settings to English (India), it does not make much of a difference with the system language settings but does effect with this software as this software does not recognize English (India) as a preset language.

With English (United States) selected as your language, it shall not make much of a difference for you in using the system.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

4 Posts

April 6th, 2013 03:00

Hey DELL-Saharsh K, I think I found a solution for this issue, it is that by keeping English (United States) as the PC's primary language, and choose our preferred language in Language > Change date, time,or number formats > Administrative > Welcome screen and new user accounts, that's it now Dell Backup & Recovery runs smoothly.

The only thing is to keep English (United States) as the PC's Primary language and use the preferred language as our Keyboard layout.

I hope this is correct, and thanks for your support.

4 Posts

April 4th, 2013 12:00

Hey Brother, DELL-Saharsh-K, I checked with the language setting as English (India), it again changed to the initial, but when I changed it again to English (United States) it works properly, What to do now?

4 Posts

April 4th, 2013 12:00

Cool, It works,

Thanks DELL-Saharsh-K,

But this occupies extra 157 MB for the Language - English (United States), its OK

then now, answer me another question that now after this successful installation, I want to change my PC language setting to English (India), will it affects this.                                           

1.5K Posts

April 8th, 2013 06:00

HI gooowtham,

I appreciate your expertise. Thank you for sharing the resolution with us.

I am glad that we were able to resolve this for you.

Do reach out to us if you have any questions.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2014 06:00

I can't even get min Backup and Recovery to install 8.1 any suggestions?
No Events found!