Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 29th, 2016 08:00

Dell Backup and Recovery Factorysetup Error 6 HELP NEEDED

I have a Venue 11 Pro (7130 Pro/7139 Pro) and I was trying to make a new recovery drive before I upgraded to Windows 10.  Everytime I tried using the Dell Backup and Recovery software (Basic) the program was locking up or giving an error.  I also noticed it had an error the other night when it tried to install an update.  Today I uninstalled DBAR and downloaded the most current version available, Backup-and-Recovery_Application_GX7TX_WN32_1.9.2.8_A00.EXE.  Now, every time I try to install it, I get an error, "Factorysetup Error 6" and the program won't install.

I searched Google and the best that I came up with is a forum relating to "Factorysetup Error 5": http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538385.  I tried some of the fixes listed there, but to no avail.  I tried the C:\REAGENTC /info but my Windows RE status: was Enabled already.  I even tried disabling and reenabling, but that didn't work.  I also tried right-clicking the installer and running it as an Administrator but that didn't work either.

I have attached the log file from the most recent failed installation.  Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance!!!

1 Attachment

5.2K Posts

Try backing up with the Windows System Image Backup. program. Look in File History in Win 8.1. In Win 7, Look in System and Maintenance and then Backup and Restore.

That I've already done, but I was specifically looking to create the Dell Factory Restore from their own software.

March 29th, 2016 09:00

Could you collect the log files?  I'd need that in order for my engineering team to help troubleshoot the issue.

Below are instructions on how to collect the log files.

1. Start the installation of 1.9.2.8 on the system.

2. Get the error on the screen and leave it there without clicking on it.

3. Navigate to the DBAR installation folder.

a. Dell x86 systems – C:\Program Files\Dell Backup and Recovery

b. Dell x64 systems – C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Backup and Recovery

c. Alienware x64 systems – C:\Program Files (x86)\AlienRespawn

4. Right click and run the QTTool Lite.exe as administrator

5. Close the directory so the error message is on the screen right behind QTTool Lite.exe

6. Click on the capture button.

7. Once the logs are captured a zip file will be created on the desktop of the system.

8. Send us those logs so we can analyze the root cause of the Factory Setup error 6 he is receiving during installation.

March 29th, 2016 10:00

I have the log file but it is too large to upload, 4.40 MB.  Apparently the limit is 1 MB.  Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to?

Thanks!!!

1 Message

May 15th, 2016 00:00

I just had exactly the same problem as you !

I need to install DBAR to update my system from win8.1 to win10.

And when I was installing it, it turned out to be"factorysetup error6"

So have you resolved this problem?

THX a lot!

4 Posts

November 11th, 2016 01:00

Hello there

Alienware 14 win8.1 pc

You have1driver updates ready to download and install.

Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®

File Name:Chipset_Driver_GVYHY_WN_9.4.0.1027_A00.EXE

Download Type:HTTP

File Size: 11 MB

Format DescriptionDell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 32bit format have been designed to run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 64bit format will only run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. When selecting a device driver update be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your operating system.

final update installation closing error giving

No Events found!