Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2013 08:00

Dell Backup and Recovery is Unable to Create a Recovery DVD on Windows 8

Dear Dell,

I am trying to create recovery discs from "Dell backup and Recovery application" however when i was asked to insert the second DVD,the optical drive keeps rejecting the DVD. The application will not continue to burn the second DVD and appears to be frozen. I tyied with different brands/makers of DVD and also -/+ R. Unfortunately .Issue remains. I was able to find this article   593906  Published on 2013-01-21  ( relative link http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=593906&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs   ). Although i have done the updates ,i am still not able to create recovery discs !!   Current Issue:  after inserting the  3rd Disc application gives the following message "Dbr.exe -No disc found" and stays there and rejects the DVD.  I spoke with Dell's Greek Support team. I was told that warranty does not cover sw support even if my unit is less than a week old. Furthermore i was informed that although "Dell backup and recovery" application says DELL is not actually a Dell product thus they can't support it. They suggested my to use windows 7 file recovery instead (which needs at least 8 DVDs !). As you can understand this is a workaround and not a Solution.

I hope that someone from Dell is going to look into it and revert with a specific answer and permanent solution.   (Model  : inspiron 15  3521)  . Thank you

10 Posts

January 17th, 2014 08:00

I am as Canadian as the driven snow, eh!  :o)

If you have a newly purchased computer, then it's no charge!

2 Posts

January 17th, 2014 08:00

Thanks PC!  Are you a Canadian customer as well?  Do you know how much they'll charge for this bootable USB? 

Does the USB contain a full image, or just a "rescue" shell?

Cheers

2 Posts

January 17th, 2014 09:00

I called support and they pointed me to this article from Microsoft that the tech said fixed many of the Backup media problems:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

January 20th, 2014 13:00

Hi, I have a new XPS 8700 and also can't make recovery DVD's.

When you spoke to customer support did they say that it was no longer possible?

10 Posts

January 20th, 2014 13:00

Hi, it's been about 6 months since I last contacted Dell.

Essentially you tell them their software does not work and to send you recovery media.

There should not be a problem.

1 Message

March 18th, 2014 13:00

Dear Manpreet,

I have recently bought dell 3521 and accidentally the OEM partition got delete also I have not taken any backup iso, could you please tell me any way so that I could factory reset my system.

Thanks 

1 Message

June 22nd, 2015 20:00

PLEASE CALL ME FOR HELP MY DELL WINDOWS HAS BEEN CRUPT SO I AM UNABLE TO USE YOUR LISENCE WINDOWS SO KIM\NDELY HELP ME BY A CALL ONLY ONE CALL PLESE

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

May 28th, 2016 21:00

amigos como habilito el recovery desde inicio de windows  por favor ayuda

May 30th, 2016 23:00

Tiene el Recovery USB?

Si lo tiene, aprenda el computador y clique la tecla para opciones para empezar. Por ejemplo, con un Dell es f12. Escoja el USB y siga las instructiones.

Ojala que este ayude a ud.

No Events found!