Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2013 08:00

Dell Latitude 10 Netgear PTV3000

Is there a known issue for Dell Latitude 10 not being able to connect successfully to a Netgear PTV3000?  I tested it after the Windows 8.1 update but the WPS PIN entry is the farthest that I could get.  It won't show up at all in the Windows 8.1 devices or Project/Display option.  My android phone can connect to the PTV3000 flawlessly.  Thank you.

• 

351 Posts

November 20th, 2013 02:00

Hi Bashdrew,

I have been looking into this for you and unfortunately the Latitude 10 doesn't support Miracast.

Sorry

Colin

• 

351 Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Bashdrew,

To get the Netgear PTV3000 to connect again after the upgrade to Windows 8.1 you will need to do the following:

1. Press "Win + K" to project to a connected display, select Disconnect.
  1. Disconnect the device successfully.
  2. After disconnect, the device is still listed in Project.
  3. Click the device in Project, this device will be automatically connected without WPS PIN input.

Or

1. Select the connected devices and click “Remove device” and click "Yes" to remove it.
  2. Open Charms Menu > Setting > Change PC setting > PC & Device > Device > Add a device, choose the discoverable devices, input the WPS PIN that displayed in the Second Screen and click Next.

The system can then connect the display or monitor properly.

You may also need to contact Netgear to get a new Firmware update for the device.

Let me know how you get on with the above steps.

Thanks

Colin

15 Posts

October 29th, 2013 08:00

Yes, I did all of those but still won't show up in Project.   It will be in the legacy Device Manager but not in Metro UI.  My Netgear device has the latest firmware.

I got a question, though.  Were  you able to successfully connect the Latitude 10 on any miracast adapter?  Is it possible to show us a video?  Thank you.

37 Posts

October 29th, 2013 23:00

Go to your Start Screen, type "dxdiag" then run that utility, clicking Yes as the default.

When dxdiag starts up, click "Save All Information". Look through the text file that is generated for the word Miracast, and it will tell you if your computer supports it.

As I understand it, Miracast requires a few components and compatible drivers for it to be supported, even though Windows 8.1 makes it seem as if all computers will be supported.

• 

351 Posts

November 5th, 2013 04:00

Hi Bashdrew,

I have looked into this and you may need to contact Netgear to get them to assist with connecting the device, they may have a Firmware Update that can allow the device to connect in Windows 8.1.

Sorry I wasn't able to provide a resolution to your issue.

Thanks

Colin

15 Posts

November 5th, 2013 07:00

Does this mean that the Latitude 10 should support Miracast?  

No Events found!