Highlighted
danielpanatha
1 Copper

Dell XPS M1530 Media Buttons don't work on Windows 8

Hello,

I have upgraded to Windows 8 my laptop Dell XPS M1530 and although all the Vista drivers work properly, the media buttons work occasionally. More specifically, if they work from the moment I turn on my laptop, then they continue to work until I switch it off. If they DON'T work from the moment I turn on my laptop, then they continue NOT to work until I switch it off. After Google around I found out that media buttons are connected with Dell Quickset of which I have the Vista driver installed. Is there a Windows 8 compatible driver?  Please note that I have NOT installed the Dell MediaDirect.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, any advice would be useful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Dell XPS M1530 Media Buttons don't work on Windows 8

Hi Danielpanatha,

It seems to be an issue with the drivers. You can try to install the ‘Dell Quickset’ driver in compatibility mode and see if it works. Here is the link to download http://dell.to/Z3HRlS

• Download the driver from link above
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab.
  • Select Windows Vista from the list in the following image

• Click Apply -- > OK
  • Right Click the file and select the 'Run As Administrator' to install the driver

The 'Dell Product Group' team has not tested this system with Windows 8. The drivers may not be available for this system. You can refer to the link for a compatible system tested by Dell with Windows 8 bitly.com/RnDAFu 

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos