Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2016 13:00

Dell venue 8 pro roll back

I have a dell venue pro 8 I upgraded to windows 10, would like to go back to windows 8, every time I try its says could not find recovery environment. Is there anyway to go back to windows

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 18th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps:

1-To roll back your Windows 10, go to your PC Settings, by typing Settings in the taskbar search bar, next to the Windows icon, and clicking on Settings. It will open the PC Settings. Select ‘Update and Security’.

2-The Update and Security option opens. Here you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on ‘Recovery‘.

3-This will open the Recovery settings window for your PC. You will see 3 options:

Reset this PC: Remove everything and reinstall Windows. This will take your PC to its original factory settings.

Go back to your previous version of Windows: This will just bring your previous Windows back on your PC without affecting your documents and files. Note that you have to carry out the rollback operation, within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10

Advanced Startup: Here you can change your PC settings using a Windows image or a USB/DVD.

4-Click on ‘Go back to previous version of Windows’. In this case you see Go back to Windows 8.1.

Microsoft will then ask for your feedback and the reason to uninstall Windows 10.

5-Give your feedback and move ahead. Click on Next. You will see the following screen.

6-Make sure your PC is plugged in as the rollback might get interrupted due to power off. Click on the Go back to Windows 8.1 button.

7-Your system might take a while to process the roll back and read the settings of your previous Windows version. Sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee. Note the important warning – you need to know or remember your password you used to sign on into your previous Windows version.

8-Once the rollback process is completed, your PC will automatically be booted into your previous version of Windows.

Rollback is dependent on the availability of the Windows.old & other folders folder, if you delete that, then you may not be offered the option to rollback.

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Robin

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 09:00

Hi, I'm having the same problem trying to reset the tablet to factory to give it to someone. But I keep getting "Could not find the recovery environment" no matter which option I choose. I tried using the service tag to get a Recovery Image, but not available. 

Where can I get a recovery image for Dell Venue 8 Pro?

11 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 13:00

I called dell and twice they said they had the flash drive, and both times they automatically cancelled my order , I email for my last order and I am yet to hear an answer, so I kinda just gave up. I really am upset with their customer service, both times I spent over an hour and half trying to sort this out.

2 Posts

June 7th, 2016 08:00

Gosh, I will try give them a call too. But, not optimistic :(

Thanks for replying.

No Events found!