Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 29th, 2012 00:00

DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software for Windows 8

After upgrading to Windows 8, this software (I have the latest version 5.30) no longer works.

I can no longer use fingerprint to log on to Windows. It is not showing in the log on screen.

Tried updating via the software but this is the latest version they have.

Does anyone has any fix, patch or update to make it work?

26 Posts

October 29th, 2012 03:00

Thank you natakuc4.

The update has successfully fixed the problem. Now I can swipe my finger at the log on screen to sign in Windows 8.

Appreciate your assistance.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 29th, 2012 03:00

Try the update here

DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint 5.2 6.2.1.309 32-bit
64-bit
This version is for in-OS upgrades to Windows 8 only, and DPPF 5.2 must be
installed to use this update. Visit My Dell Downloads to get your original version if you have
previously uninstalled your fingerprint reader software.
If doing a clean
installation of Windows 8, be sure to install your fingerprint sensor drivers
from the Dell Drivers and Downloads website.
DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint 6.X 6.2.1.309 32-bit
64-bit
This version is for in-OS upgrades to Windows 8 only, and DPPF 5.2 must be
installed to use this update. Visit My Dell Downloads to get your original version if you have
previously uninstalled your fingerprint reader software.
If doing a clean
installation of Windows 8, be sure to install your fingerprint sensor drivers
from the Dell Drivers and Downloads website.

5 Posts

October 31st, 2012 20:00

I had to put a new drive in my dell and I don't have the software DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint 5.2 to put back on do you know who has a copy of the software so I can use my fingerprint reader

26 Posts

October 31st, 2012 22:00

Try this link: smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

You need to log in to Dell & register your computer using Internet Explorer. It will install a plug-in to scan your computer to check what softwares that came with your computer when you bought it. You can then download whatever that are shown on the results page.

I've tried it and the DigitalPersona software was one of them.

22 Posts

November 1st, 2012 03:00

The scan said my service tag is not supported ... ( vostro 3450 )

26 Posts

November 1st, 2012 06:00

Did you change the country at the top to correspond to the one you purchased the laptop? For example if you bought it in UK but you leave the country on top as United States, the service tag will be invalid.

If still unable, I suggest you contact Dell customer support on this.

5 Posts

November 1st, 2012 17:00

I downloaded from there, but when the program is running I get an error that required files are missing.

(windows installation recommanded me to uninstall digitalpersona during its setup, so I can't use an update download)

5 Posts

I did all of that but when it showed what I can download it don't show DigitalPersona software for me to download.

Can anybody send me a copy of it?????

My Dell Studio 1737 has a finger print reader on it but I don't know why it won't give me the download.

5 Posts

had a little progress. when using internet explorer instead of firefox I could download.

after few tries I managed to nearly finish installation and I got error 1305, saying it might not have access to a certain file (this is the installation file).

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 12:00

Hi,

What if I upgrade my windows 7 64bit to 8 64bit? Do I have to upgrade Digital Persona?

What option should I select in the Digital Persona site? I have in my system Digital Persona Software 5.2, but I can't see this version in the site. Only PRO versions.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 13:00

See my answer above?

5 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 14:00

yup, but it is an upgrade. I get an error when using it because I uninstalled the program before.

when I try to get a copy from my dell downloads, I get a different error. I have one last "credit download" left, yet I only got errors.

If I have the original cds that came with the computer can I install from there?

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 07:00

Is there anyone out there that has a copy of Digital Persona for Dell Windows 7-64bit that they can send me?????

Please contact me @ : Email id removed per privacy policy>

Dell wont send me a copy or put it on My Downloads because I am a second party owner of the laptop which is a load of bull...can anyone help Please!!!

3 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 12:00

Thanks.

Do I have to upgrade Digital Persona Before (in Windows 7) or after upgrade to Windows 8?

5 Posts

November 7th, 2012 02:00

I have a basic solution for whoever upgraded to windows 8 already.

Install from the applications cd (gray) that came with the computer (you might need an external drive). the software still  won't work.

then, download the update posted by natakuc4.

now it should work fine.

No Events found!