Gold

Re: DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software for Windows 8

Hi,

What if I upgrade my windows 7 64bit to 8 64bit? Do I have to upgrade Digital Persona?

What option should I select in the Digital Persona site? I have in my system Digital Persona Software 5.2, but I can't see this version in the site. Only PRO versions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

See my answer above?

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Gold

yup, but it is an upgrade. I get an error when using it because I uninstalled the program before.

when I try to get a copy from my dell downloads, I get a different error. I have one last "credit download" left, yet I only got errors.

If I have the original cds that came with the computer can I install from there?

0 Kudos
Gold

Is there anyone out there that has a copy of Digital Persona for Dell Windows 7-64bit that they can send me?????

Please contact me @ <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Dell wont send me a copy or put it on My Downloads because I am a second party owner of the laptop which is a load of bull...can anyone help Please!!!

0 Kudos
Gold

Thanks.

Do I have to upgrade Digital Persona Before (in Windows 7) or after upgrade to Windows 8?

0 Kudos
Gold

I have a basic solution for whoever upgraded to windows 8 already.

Install from the applications cd (gray) that came with the computer (you might need an external drive). the software still  won't work.

then, download the update posted by natakuc4.

now it should work fine.

0 Kudos
Gold

I updated the Digital Persona to 6.2 in Windows 7 and the Windows 8 upgrade assistant still shows that this software won't work in Windows 8. If I upgrade to Windows 8 and install again the update posted by natakuc4, it will work fine?

0 Kudos
Gold

I think so. It works for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but you souldn't have to

0 Kudos

Where it is possible to get clean install of DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint 5\6???

Logging to dell support  in IE leads to followin sequental messages:

1. Examining your computer please wait

2. Service Tag is not supported.

If anyone succeded to download one for Win 8 please share the file.

0 Kudos
Gold

I have been trying to get a copy my self but have failed to find someone...good luck

0 Kudos