Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 29th, 2012 03:00

Driver Request Thread for Unsupported Systems [Unofficial]

For Windows 8 Dell only officially support the models listed here. If you are using one of these models and are having troubles downloading from Drivers and Downloads please check for the Driver in the Dell FTP Website before posting. The Dell FTP Website isn't as updated as frequently as the Drivers and Downloads page but is in general far more reliable. If the Dell FTP website isn't updated to include the driver you are after. Please look at the instructions here Drivers and Downloads Issues & Direct Links & Workarounds and include the system model, the OS, the driver you were attempting to download and the broken links.

If you are wanting to install Windows 8 on an unsupported system update your BIOS to the latest revision available before installing Windows 8. Please note Windows 8 should run fine on most systems that came with Vista or 7. My Windows Reinstallation Guide/Upgrading to Windows 8 should give you full instructions with optimal results.

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies

Note there is information at the top of this guide about a poll which I made due to the difficulty of requesting a Reinstallation DVD/USB from Dell, the pdf of the Windows Reinstallation Guide is found below the information about the poll.

The rest of this thread is about Drivers. I have already listed a number of unofficial driver sets for Windows 7 & 8 and you should check to see if your system is available there before posting. Please note Windows 8 will natively include many drivers already and in some systems no additional drivers are required. e.g. I installed Windows 8 on my XPS 8300, it worked fine without any additional drivers but I took some from the XPS 8500 anyway thus there may be a lower number of Drivers required for a Windows 8 installation than an earlier version of Windows (especially WIndows XP). Note if you have any problems with the unofficial Driver sets post here opposed to the comments because I don't get any notification for comments on my wiki pages. 

Disclaimer: Use of Unofficial Driver sets (even if they are Dell Drivers taken from newer systems) will be unlikely to be supported by Dell Techncal Support who will possibily recommend you to revert to your earlier version of Windows if you are experiencing issues.

The following are quite common drivers and you should install these after installation of Windows 8 if they are applicable to your system:

System Utilities

• For systems with Dell ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor http://ftp1.dell.com/folder00951951m/6/

Chipset

Intel Update Utility

Video

• For the Intel ones, the update utility listed under Chipset should of got the driver and in the case of switchable graphics the Intel driver should be installed first.

AMD/ATI AutoUpdate Utility

nVidea AutoUpdate Utility

Network

For Dell Wireless Cards and Dell Wireless Bluetooth Modules look here.

• For the Intel ones, the update utility listed under Chipset should of got the driver.

Input

• For systems with Synaptics Touchpads use the Synaptics Touchpad here 

[older/Dell] 16.3.1.1 http://downloads-us.dell.com/FOLDER00800134M/2 

[newest/non-Dell] Synaptics Directly http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers.

I'm not sure if both support Gestures, leave feedback if they do or don't.

• For systems with the Alps Touchpad use

[older/Dell] 8.1200.101.214 http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01255426M/1/Input_Driver_FGG85_WN_8.1200.101.214_A02.EXE

[newer/non-Dell] 8.100.2020.112 http://www.eightforums.com/hardware-drivers/10569-windows-8-alps-touchpad-driver.html

• For systems with the Cyprus Touchpad

2.5.1.27 http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01255772M/1/L322X_Input_Driver_98T43_WN_2.5.1.27_A02.EXE

Device Manager Check:

Follow this check to see if any other drivers are required.

Press the [Windows] and [Pause|Break] or [Windows] and [ e ] (to open computer) and then select properties.

On this screen next select Device manager.

Hopefully it should look something like mine.

If you have an error, yellow ? or ! as in my base system device then Windows 8 hasn't found a system driver correctly. Quickly check to see if you have missed installation of a driver. If you still can't find out what it is. Right click the device with the error and select properties:

Go to details and select Hardware ids. You should  post here starting your model of Dell, the hardware ids and whether you have installed Windows 7 or Windows 8 and if you are installing the 32 bit or 64 bit version. This should help give us all the information required to find the driver. Also state if you are experiencing any abnormal behavior/limited functionality.

Note for advanced users, you may use the hardware IDs to search in the Microsoft Update Catalogue (requires internet Explorer). In this case I would search for PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68B8 as it is more likely to find the driver than if I include the Subsys... and everything else.

To use the Microsoft Update Catalogue add the driver to the basket and then select view basket and then download. Although a basket is mentioned there is no charge for downloading the driver. You will then have to right click the unknown device in the device manager and select update driver, navigate to where you downloaded the driver from the Microsoft Update Catalogue and then select next, hopefully Windows should update the driver for you.

Note: Please vote on the IdeaStorm Ideas here which are designed to improve Dell software services.

1 Message

November 4th, 2012 05:00

Hi Natakuc4

These are the drivers I am missing:
ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8800
ACPI\SMO8800
*SMO8800

Also this has a ! against, not sure whether this is compatible with Win8

N-Trig DuoSense BULK

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 4th, 2012 11:00

These are the drivers I am missing:
ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8800
ACPI\SMO8800
*SMO8800

Should be the Dell ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor http://ftp1.dell.com/folder00951951m/6/

N-Trig DuoSense BULK

Not heard of it but a google search yields this which may be useful: http://www.ntrig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Downloads_Drivers

2 Posts

November 4th, 2012 11:00

its an m18x and  no luck so far.

The Sibeam wireless HD will not initialize, the port wont open.

tried the link and the AT91USBSerial element in device manger does not have a yellow warning icon anymore though so there may have been a tiny step forward.But still get the 'port will not open' error when trying to run the WiHD utility

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 4th, 2012 12:00

The driver I gave should be the correct one. Try uninstalling the SiBeam software from both device manager and add/remove programs.

Restart the computer and then attempt reinstallation of the driver.

November 4th, 2012 14:00

Hardware IDLE

ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002
ACPI\CPL0002
*CPL0002

On a AlienWare MX18X Running Windows 8 64 Bit Have One device driver needs updated but could not find the update for it.

Hardware IDLE                                                                             

3 Posts

November 4th, 2012 14:00

Hi, Im having problems with my webcam, which is the right driver for the webcam? the microphone works well but I don't understand why the video doesn't work, please help me.. my laptop Inspiron 15R N5110 windows 8 pro 64 bit

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 4th, 2012 15:00

I have an alienware m17x and I'm unable to mod the driver inf to force compatibility.

intel core2 quad

4gb of  memory

gf 260m sli

bios version A07

Did you try this here?

3 Posts

Thanks, I will follow those steps..

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

Hi, Im having problems with my webcam, which is the right driver for the webcam? the microphone works well but I don't understand why the video doesn't work, please help me.. my laptop Inspiron 15R N5110 windows 8 pro 64 bit

Seems to be a common problem, please follow my instructions here.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

Hardware IDLE

ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002
ACPI\CPL0002
*CPL0002

On a AlienWare MX18X Running Windows 8 64 Bit Have One device driver needs updated but could not find the update for it.

Hardware IDLE          

From here seems to be Alienware OSD Application. As the Alienware M18x unit isn't officially supported on Windows 8. Try the Windows 8 driver for the Alienware M18x R2/Alienware M17xR4 here: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00977246M/2

3 Posts

November 4th, 2012 16:00

[quote user="mario_1603"]Hi, Im having problems with my webcam, which is the right driver for the webcam? the microphone works well but I don't understand why the video doesn't work, please help me.. my laptop Inspiron 15R N5110 windows 8 pro 64 bit

Seems to be a common problem, please follow my instructions here.

[/quote]  Thanks, it works.. :D 

19 Posts

November 5th, 2012 02:00

First i want to thank you for this Posts as i have a supported E6420 but had some yellow Driver issues. The Unknown Device i had was the ST Motion sensor, which i even didn't know that it exists and i got it removed now !

There is one thing missing, which is listed as Massstorage Controller:

PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8231&SUBSYS_04931028&REV_03
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8231&SUBSYS_04931028
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8231&CC_018000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8231&CC_0180

19 Posts

November 5th, 2012 03:00

Found it in another post... was the O2 Driver, now everything seems to be fine.... (just loosing my BT mouse every minutes and have to power off and on the mouse to get it working again, and i tried this with 2 different mice, so it seems to be the Dell or the OS... strange)

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 5th, 2012 04:00

Got some notes on the Stuido 1558 and the bluetooth driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/w/laptop/4232.studio-1558-windows-8-64-bit.aspx 

Try to follow kutafon's comment.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2012 09:00

Latitude E4310 WIndows 8 64 bit: SD card not functioning properly. Driveletter shows but hangs, as is diskmanager.

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E822&REV_01

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E822

PCI\VEN_1180&CC_080500

PCI\VEN_1180&CC_0805

PCI\VEN_1180

PCI\CC_080500

PCI\CC_0805

It showed up under devicemanager as an SD card. It had windows drivers. Made a topic en.community.dell.com/.../19470859.aspx

Drivers replaced with RICOH_R5U24X_A04_R263985.exe. Waited half an hour. Rebooted whilst not finished. Laptop got  stuck and recovered :). Device is now under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers\Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC host controller but it reads SD cards again. Devicemanager pops up portable devices when inserted. Works!

No Events found!