Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2012 21:00

Drivers Update and Won't Install with Win8

Hello

I recently just purchased a Windows 8 upgrade and performed it on my Alienware laptop. The files corrupted so I had to do a clean installation via with Win8 disc. After that was complete I entered the dell.ca to get my missing drivers from the site. Because of the Windows 8, half of my drivers will not install (Bigfoot and other Network Drivers) and a lot of my stuff on the resource CD that came with the laptop won't install. Are you guys going to do an update so it will work on Windows 8? Sorry I been working on this for three days so I am a little tired. Thank you for the quick reply.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 8th, 2012 00:00

Hi Betathedragon,

I’d like to know the model number of Alienware you have, so that I could check if the computer is officially compatible for Windows 8 from Dell and suggest you the drivers for your system.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

June 7th, 2013 04:00

Hello

I have also  upgraded to Windows 8 from 7 and I am facing driver installation problems.

It is an inspiron laptop and I tried to install the drivers on the CD, but it failed up. I also tried to install the drivers which were on this site for my model but it fails and shows errors.

Plz help.

Thank You.

3.1K Posts

June 7th, 2013 05:00

Hi Venki70,

All Dell systems are not tested with Windows 8. Windows 8 drivers for all the systems may not be available. Please refer to the link Dell Computer Support for Windows 8 Upgrade http://dell.to/12kQPKY.

Please share the exact system model so that I can check for the compatible drivers (if available).

2 Posts

June 8th, 2013 01:00

Thanks for your reply.Model No -- Dell Inspiron N4050

3.1K Posts

June 8th, 2013 09:00

Hi Venki70,

N4050 is a tested system with Windows 8. The drivers for this system are available. Let me know the driver that are missing from the computer. Please share a screenshot of Device Manager; will take it further.

No Events found!