Highlighted
KnarlyBot
1 Copper

Frequent Black Screen While Watching Movies on Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

I only just very recently received this laptop as a gift, but as soon as I started watching movies on my Netflix account I noticed that the screen would briefly go black then return to my program. This happens very often, once every 2 to 5 minutes. And this only happens when I'm trying to watch movies. Browsing and game play is flawless. What could be the issue? 

It was recommended that I install Windows 8.1 upon setting up my laptop, so I did just that.
I didn't play around with Windows 8 beforehand, though, so I don't know if the problem is the
operating system or not. Please help!

I've only had my Inspiron for a few days, but this problem is becoming increasingly irritating.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Frequent Black Screen While Watching Movies on Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

We had the same problem on the same unit except that it done this when the laptop was left to run idly.

We had to clean install Windows as the Dell Factory Settings were so bad. For more details see Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows 8.1:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
ncalaro
1 Copper

RE: Frequent Black Screen While Watching Movies on Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

The same thing is happening to my Dell 15R and only started after I updated to Windows 8.1. I had been running Windows 8 for about 2.5 months before I finally upgraded it. It was also after I updated the BIOS from Dell.

I'm assuming there's some sort of correlation between updating to 8.1 and these screen problems.

0 Kudos