After forgot admin password on Windows 8, how to access dell computer?
If just in order to login Windows 8, there are several ways available. Why? Because remove, reset, recover or bypass Windows 8 password can work.
The good third-party Windows password recovery tool is the most easiest and fastest way, such as Windows Password Genius advanced. The effective tool can be used to remove password for Windows 8/7/Vista etc and reset password for Windows server. So remove admin password with it could save time and guarantee result. The advanced version is special for Windows 8 with high affection.
Modify registry can bypass admin password to access computer.
1. Click “Win + R” to open “Run” dialog, input “regedit” command and click “OK” to enter registry setting surface of Windows 8
2. Modify HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon
Right-click and create a new string value, rename value name as AutoAdminlogon
3. Find DefaultUserName, set it as the default user name to sign in Windows. And create string value DefaultPassword, set the value as the password of the default Windows login user.
Reset disk is the most appropriate utility for Windows 8 admin password recovery. It is usually created before you forgot admin password. So on logon screen, when you type wrong password, a message will prompt you clicking “Reset Password” link to go on Windows password reset.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Great idea! I have ever forgot my Windows 8 administrator password and locked out of computer. My boyfriend helped me reset my forgotten Win 8 password and regained access to my locked computer by following this video guide: How to Reset Windows 8 Password?
It is really helpful!
Hmmm, I seem to have some sort of security problem with the suggested solution. When I boot from the system repair disk and bring up the command window, I cannot access the files or directories in the drive with Windows. The message is "Volume in disk c is System Reserve".
PS: I finally used iSeePassword windows password recovery software to reset my windows 8 password, it works fine.
there are also some other freeware like ntpasswrod, ophcrack and more...
There are many paid password cracking softwares available, but I wouldn't recommend one.
Here's a simple way to reset forgotten Windows 8 password using Windows installation disk only:
1. Boot from the Windows 8 installation disc (or Windows 8 Recovery Drive).
2. From the Windows Setup menu, click "Next".
3. Select "Repair your computer"
4. Under Choose and option, click on "Troubleshoot".
5. Under Advanced options, click "Command Prompt".
6. At the command prompt, run the following commands:
ren Utilman.exe Utilman.exe.bak
copy cmd.exe Utilman.exe
7. Close the command prompt and then click "Continue".
8. The computer should now boot and present the logon screen. Here click Windows Key + U.
9. At the prompt you can now change the password, by typing the command:
net user administrator 123
This will set the password for the Administrator user to be 123.
10. Closing the command prompt, you should now be able to log back onto Windows 8 using the password you have provided in the last step
The way I know for password reset:
1. Reset microsoft account password online if you signed in with MS account: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
2. Ask network administrator if your computer is on a local network.
3. Reinstall Windows OS but this will cause data loss.
4. use third party tools such as ntpassword, opcrack, uukeys, hirensboot, linux live cd:
Clear Windows 8 password with free tool - Offline NT Password & Edit Registry:
1. Download the tool zip file from the site: pogostick.net/.../.
2. Unzip the file, and insert a USB to create a bootable disk following the instructions on the download page.
3. Boot your Dell computer from the USB drive.
4. When go to the black and white command window, follow the on-screen instructions to clear your Windows 8 password. Mostly, you just need to select the default one and press Enter directly to go.
Good luck with you!