Highlighted
Satpaul7
1 Nickel

How to clean install windows8 without having recovery disk?

I purchased dell inspiron 3521. And now my hard drive failed. I just changed the hard drive with a new one. And now I don't have any recovery disk. And i dont know how to install windows 8. And my laptop came with windows8 preloaded. I paid extra money for that. Product key is in the BIOS. Please help me. How can i install windows and use this *** product key.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

RE: How to clean install windows8 without having recovery disk?

You should be able to download a Windows 8.1 .iso following the instructions here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-w...

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Satpaul7
1 Nickel

Someone said that windows 8 product key will not gonna work if you use installation media of windows 8.1.

And if i use this, will windows automatically detect the product key?

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

This is updated media and Microsoft fixed this problem; you however need to select the correct .iso. If you are prompted to input a product key, its the wrong .iso, if you are not prompted for a product key its the correct .iso.

Likely you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Single Language so I would try both, my guide explains the situation in more detail.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Satpaul7
1 Nickel

I tried that link to download installation media on 8gb empty pendrive. Two times download completed bt failed when getting ready files. It says "no enough space on disk".

And secong time i tried the ios file to computer for dvd. Again after downlaoding when its getting files ready. Error occured " not enough space in disk".

Can u please tell me whats happening. Some solutions.. Please.

0 Kudos
Maragaret47
1 Copper

I just read a article about how to recover datas, I would like to share it with you:
Download WiseRecovery and install it.
Activate and start WiseRecovery.
Select the document from which the file you wish to recover was deleted or formatted.
Click "Scan". WiseRecovery could search the files that exist in hard drive sectors that are flagged to be overwritten.
choose the file you want to recover in the listing of files that WiseRecovery finds.
Click "Recover" and to see if the file is available once again in its original location.
Click here to learn more

0 Kudos