Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2013 20:00

Lost boot fro windows

Hello :) Ihave Inspiron 15R 5520. Iam installed fedora linux and. Lost the boot. For windows. Now i have recovery in partition and my system But. Not work !! Now what I can do. How can i Dowland Image recovery? And whats type windows 8. OEM ?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 26th, 2013 00:00

How can i Dowland Image recovery?

You cannot because Dell or Microsoft don't provide a Windows 8 .iso although it is highly sought after. As you don't reside in the US there is no media request form. You have to call Dell Technical Support to request a Dell Windows 8 Reinstallation DVD/USB.

If you can't request a Reinstallation DVD from Technical Support, send Dell-Kiran K a private message with your name, service tag and postal address. He has been dealing with some Reinstallation DVD/USB requests.

I feel that Dell should have the online media request form for all regions it operates in aswell as a downloadable .iso see this IdeaStorm idea for more details and add your vote to it (Ideastorm requires a separate login): http://www.ideastorm.com/idea2ReadIdea?v=1373754397303&id=087700000008mnRAAQ.

No Events found!