Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2013 18:00

Recovery button for DELL Inspiron 15R Special Edition?

How to on boot recovery? What button i should press when showing dell logo?
I plan to format my laptop, but i cant even find my window 8 product key stick on my laptop. How should I get it? Is it the worker miss stick on my laptop?

Very disappointed with the FHD anti glare screen which is actually is LCD screen !!! With the price RM3199 :-(

1.8K Posts

February 4th, 2013 20:00

Hi CHOOHAO,

I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the Inspiron 15R SE LCD screen and the step to reach the boot recovery is different from earlier versions of Windows. Please follow the steps provided below:

1. Click on the “Power” icon on the Windows login screen, hold down the “Shift” key and click on “Restart” to load the Advanced Boot options.
2. Select “Dell Backup and Recovery” from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

The Windows 8 Product Key is integrated into the BIOS chip on the motherboard at the factory. Hence, the COA sticker is not provided with the laptop. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2015 12:00

Thanks to your post, (from nearly 2 years ago) I was finally able to get into safe mode on this Windows 8 Dell Inspiron laptop.  All other instructions failed.  But thankfully I stumbled on yours.  Now I'm able to get this system working again.  Not so easy with Windows 8 as previous versions of Windows.

Thanks

~Betsy

Sky Computer Solutions

Richmond, VA 

21 Posts

February 5th, 2013 06:00

Erm.. worked..but since like nothing happen~~ need USB??

cause my recovery partition is 100%free, maybe technician forget to install ??

Can i get the product code?? maybe i consider format it.

1.8K Posts

February 7th, 2013 05:00

Hi CHOOHAO,

Thank you for your reply. I am unable to comprehend your message properly. Were you able to load the Advanced Boot options from the Windows login screen or does the system freeze at the Dell logo?

Please reply to the post with the requested information.

21 Posts

February 7th, 2013 19:00

Yes, i manage to load. But there is no data inside my laptop, so that i can recovery.

One more thing, how i can get the COA sticker code?

1.8K Posts

February 8th, 2013 01:00

Hi CHOOHAO,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update. As the Product Key is integrated into the BIOS chip on the motherboard, the COA sticker will not be provided. We can send installation disks based on the warranty terms, that can be used to install Windows 8 that can read the key from the BIOS.

Please Private Message me the system Service Tag along with the name on the account so that I can assist you further.

21 Posts

February 18th, 2013 21:00

Thank you DELL-Rajath N. I received the installation disks ad~~

1.8K Posts

February 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi CHOOHAO,

Thank you for providing an update on the status and I am glad to know that you have received the disks. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

1 Message

January 9th, 2014 18:00

Dear DELL-Rajath N

please help me I want recovery disk of dell inspiron 15 r 5521 touch    from where I get

coz I want to do recovery of windows 8 ?????

1 Message

February 5th, 2014 21:00

Sorry in interrupting in between. I owned a new dell Inspiron 15R 5537 and forgot the logon password. I need to do the factory recovery and followed the above guide. i got the screen of  recovery from HD with the boot option legacy mode on . But  initial screen appears with " No Boot Device Found. Press any kety to reboot the machine". 

Please guide further to reset the machine to factory reset or any other option to reset the password. I didn't create any DVD / USB factory restore or password reset. 

Joji

2 Posts

May 29th, 2015 18:00

hi 

sir this is santosh pant 

i have dell inspiron 15 3537 inbuilt windows 8, if i am going to use recovery option error is gearing your recovery partition is missing 

what should i do?

is there any recovery button is in this dell inspiron ?

if yes then how to recover it.

thanks 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 30th, 2015 23:00

hi 

sir this is santosh pant 

i have dell inspiron 15 3537 inbuilt windows 8, if i am going to use recovery option error is gearing your recovery partition is missing 

what should i do?

is there any recovery button is in this dell inspiron ?

if yes then how to recover it.

thanks 

See here its better to clean install Windows 8.1 with Update 1 than revert to Windows 8.0 factory settings:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

No Events found!