Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2013 23:00

Reinstall Windows 8 on Dell Ispiron 2330 (have no recovery disc ((( )

Hello. I have the same problem like these:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19476372.aspx and http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/p/19502094/20346867.aspx

A few weeks ago I bought a Dell Inspiron 2330 with win 8. But I do not like win8 and therefore deleted it immediately and Installed win 7. During the installation win7 I have seen 5 partitions on hdd. As i understand that is recovery partitions with native Dell's win 8. Win 7 was installed on a primary partition after formatting. After a time, i needed to back to the win 8, but unfortunately I did not create any recovery disk, and it is not possible to select other partition for boot and recovery on F12(such as it was on my laptop) except the partition with operating system. I do not know about it until now.

I would like to install authentic Dell's Win8 again that was installed before, with accept the key from bios. What can i do?

All partitions are untouched. Clean install was only on main partition....MBR is overwritten.

I have tried Dell Datasafe Local, it says that it cannot be installed because my hard disk does not have the factory recovery image.

Please, help me to restore back native Dell's Windows 8.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2013 22:00

I am not familiar with installation with Windows recovery partition.It is messy for me.

There may be a solution.

1.Create a recovery disk from your Windows7 PC.

2.Boot from the recovery disk & check if you can install OS from the recovery image[if it is there].

If not,Read further

You should keep the small partitions [around 200-300 Mb] which contain DELL Diagnostics software.It is useful to find any hardware faults.If you cannot find these partitions,you should try Easeus parttion Master to see if you can find any Dell partitions.You should "Assign drive letter" to hidden partitions if any .If you can find the Dell OS partition [around 20 GB] & check Dell datasafe works .If datasafe is not working for you,you should backup all the Dell partitions to an external drive & save the mess for later.It is useful if you finds a way to restore them from the disk image.For that,you can use Acronis true image or DriveImageXML.

Alternate method,I would suggest is to download Windows8 upgrade officially from Microsoft & use it with your Windows8 key

From here,you can download

windows.microsoft.com/.../upgrade-product-key-only.

1.5K Posts

April 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi De-Factus,

If you are in USA, then you may fill the form on the below link for ordering the recovery media.

Form Link: http://dell.to/YOzR58

If you are in another region, you may need to contact Dell Technical Support in your region and check with them.

Please reply if you have any questions.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 19th, 2013 15:00

Thank you....I'll try all possibilities.... (((

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 19th, 2013 16:00

Thak you for answer, but i need to restore Win8, not win 7 as it is written in your link. I have Dell Inspiron 2330 which was with win8. I will send you service tag for verification, and all required information you need. Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 21st, 2013 12:00

'Windows7" I mentioned in the link is your current OS.That may not be a issue for creating a recovery media because it contains a set of tools to fixup start-up failures as well as to recover your recovery partition[Dell System Image].

I would like you to clarify some details.

1.Can you see your recovery partition in your windows explorer or using any other softwares like Easeus Partition Master?

2.If not,Can you identify any difference in Hardisk size compared to ur current installation & original installation?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 21st, 2013 12:00

For creating recovery disk ,you can use Recovery included in Windows itself.You can use your pendrive for this.

Detailed info is available in the video included..Hope this helps

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 21st, 2013 17:00

I have created a bootable USB flash drive, but when booting from the recovery pendrive, it does not see the recovery partitions where the dell's images.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 21st, 2013 17:00

I can see the partitions in the Computer management\Disk management, but I can not do anything with them, to assign a drive letter and to be visible, I can not, I can only see and take info. In the file manager, they are not seen as hidden. Also partitions are visible in Acronis and Paragon Drive managers.

Partitions:

1. ESP - 500MB - 451MB Free (Hidden)

2. DIAGS - 40 MB - 40 Free (Hidden)

3. VINRETOOLS - 500MB - 31 Free (Hidden)

4. Alpha - OS (my partition)

5. PBR Image 12.68GB - 85MB free (Hidden)

What are these partitions and what they contains I can show in the screenshots if it interesting.

but i must say that PBR Image  contains a folder Dell \ Image \ 4 files - Install.swm - 3,394 GB, Install2.swm - 3,799 GB, Install3.swm - 3,799 GB, Install4.swm - 826MB.

1.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hi Alexander,

You will need the Windows 8 media disk to reinstall the Windows on the system. Once windows is reinstalled the factory image is no longer accessible.

You may send me the system information via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Please include the following information:

• System Service Tag.
  • Account Holder's Name.
  • Complete Shipping Address.

Please reply if you have any further queries.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 23:00

Check to see if dell partitions are still working.

1.For that,restart your PC & run Dell dianostics [Press F12]

2.If Dell diagnostics works,your recovery partitions are probably not corrupt.

3.Then install "Acronis True Image" from here

www.acronis.com/.../tryorbuy.html

4.Select "Rescue Media builder" in "Tools & Utilities" & create a bootable pendrive

5. Backup your Recovery partition using True Image to External Harddisk.

6.Restart your PC & Boot from your pendrive.

7.Select "Restore backup" from Acronis Menu & select your recently created backup & proceed.

NB:-You should backup your Data in your PC before doing this.

Reply with results

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 23:00

Thank you! Yes, Dell dianostics is working... i'll try your recommendation....

1.5K Posts

June 6th, 2013 07:00

Hi Alexander,

Glad we could help by fixing your issue. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link http://dell.to/14AlH8Y. Feel free to reach out to us on SDC for any help.

July 11th, 2013 09:00

hello sir  I have the same problem .....

one month ago i bought dell inspiron 15 with windows8..When i partitioned the harddisk i had some  problems.it asked me the recovery disk so i bought the recovery disk from my friend and installed......again i had some driver problems......so downloaded windows 8 from internet and installed.....later only i come to realize that it is a cracked version..........pls help me to get the original windows 8 version for my lap......

how to reinstall my old original windows8 please help me...

how to solve this problem pls help me...:emotion-6:

1.5K Posts

July 12th, 2013 11:00

Hi dfashionmaker,

Please share the exact 'System Model'. Also, run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Please share the system's 'Service Tag' and 'Owner's/Company's Name' with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I'll look in to it.

Reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 13th, 2013 04:00

Hello pratheeshps. Sorry for the long answer.

I did everything as you advised.

1) Вiagnostic partition runs without problems, the tests do not reveal any problems.

2) I installed Acronis, copied the images to an external drive, recorded a USB flash drive, and restore the image on the main partition. As you advised.

3) When loading there is an error http://s57.radikal.ru/i156/1307/b8/bbfd3b199973.jpg

What does that mean? Thank you!

No Events found!