Hello, I sended my Dell Inspiron 5547 for a repair whit Dell and when i got it back i wasn't able to use the computer. When I turn it on the screen goes black and says: "checking media".Then the screen goes black for a while and says: " no boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine" and it never works, it's been a week and I can't use the computer. Please help, I Don't have any backups and I Don't want to lose any documents.
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly follow the steps below :
· Enter the BIOS by pressing F12.
· Look for an Option called FAST BOOT.
· Change the option to AUTO and save the settings
· Restart the computer.
· After the machine is restarted, Please ALT + F with in 5 Secs when the machine is on the DELL LOGO Screen
· When Press ALT + F, A prompt asking for Manufacturing Mode is displayed
· Get the AMT code from the Sticker pasted on the the side panel of the machine and enter the AMT CODE in the prompt
· The system enters the windows
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Social Media Support
I can't find the AMT code, but now the computer screen shows this message:
Your PC needs to be repaired.
The boot configuration darta for your PC is missing or contains errors.
You'll need to use the recovery tool on your installation media.If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."
I Don't have any instalation media that I can use. Can I download it from Dell?
You can Download Windows 10 RS1 from Microsoft: