Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2016 19:00

Win 10 Update does not happen for my XPS 15 9530 with Win 8.1

I am trying to do the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 on XPS 15 9530 and I get error:

!Display: The Display is not compatible with Windows 10.  Check with the manufacture for support.

I have the latest Dell updates of the Nvida GeForce GT 750M and Intel HD Graphics 4600 for windows 8.1. 

Per Dell the XPS 15 is supported for Win 10 and per Nvida, the GT 750M adapter is supported.

Per the my Dell support page, there is a message I can go to Windows 10 (Your device is ready for Windows 10).

How can I get Win 10 on the laptop?  I had tried it before and had same errors.  Time running out.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 25th, 2016 11:00

zonycat,

Below are some links that may help you get this resolved. You also can click the link below for upgrading using the Media Creation Tool.

Nvidia Compatibility Issues with Windows 10

Windows Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Free Upgrade and NVIDIA Problems

• 

16.7K Posts

July 25th, 2016 07:00

ZONYCAT,

Is your laptop connected to an External Monitor? If so, proceed. If so,remove the monitor and try upgrading to Windows 10. Do you have the option to continue? . Is there any other information that you get with the error? What are the steps you are using to upgrade to Windows 10? Your computer is verified to run Windows 10 and Dell does have the Windows 10 Drivers. Also, make sure that your system is up to date with all the latest MS updates, disable any  anti-virus software and malware detection software.

July 25th, 2016 08:00

I had an additional monitor attached; but I have disconnected it thinking that is the problem. I could check the display configuration to make sure it is set for a single monitor display (laptop display only).

All required MS updates are installed. (Optional listed updates not applied)  I even made sure the latest video drivers via Dell web site are installed. And yes the laptop was rebooted after driver updates. At one point I even installed a newer driver for the GT 750M but reverted back to the latest on the Dell site, as I thought that might be the issue.

The error for the display comes up during the initial WIN 10 compatibility display the occurs when running the WIN10 update program.. The full message is as I stated is in initial post. There is no option to continue.

July 26th, 2016 18:00

The media creation tool helped. I was able to upgrade to WIN 10.  The Nvidia Compatibility link complemented the information about upgrading.  I created a DVD for use later if I need to install again.

Thanks Jesse for the information.  Job well done.

No Events found!