because i can't install again win 8

product key not match error

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: how to delete old windows 8 product key in bios

Hi snim

I would like to know the version of windows 8 you are using.

• You have bought a Dell system with windows 8 pre-stalled on it?
  • You have upgraded to windows 8?
  • Is this a retail system?

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

i buy a few day ago dell inspiron 5520 windows 8. i m creat hard disk partition so i lost windows 8. i have no any backup file no cd.

when i install another windows 8 give error this "the product key entered does not match any of the images available for installation . Enter adifferent product key"

i am not entered any product key

also i can't enter adifferent product key

so please tell me how i can install again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Hi snim

I would like to know, the operating system disc which you are using have you received from Dell.

Also, I would request you to provide me the system service tag or the express service code in a private message so that I check the account details and help you further. To send a private message, please click on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your system service tag along phone number and best time to reach you.

Please reply if you have further question.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our
Support Site .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Gold

If you are UK OR US Dell customer,Dell can send Recovery Media to You which includes Win8 OS too..For other countries,contact Dell support.

Also probably ,you may not have completely lost your recovery partition & it may have been hidden since.

Use this tool & you may recover your partition

http://findandmount.com/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi,
I bought a new Dell Inspiron Ultrabook with a Bios Win 8 product key.  the problem is that for some reason, this key is blocked.  Dell gave me a new key which works but every 15 mins or so, the msg to activate windows comes up.  When I checked in system, I can see that Windows somehow goes back to the blocked bios key.  I have to activate it every 15 mins!! How can I solve this? Can I replace the blocked bios key with the new key I have which works?

I tried Formatting (factory state) with recovery disks, through the Dell recovery console and also through the Windows Control Panel.  All to no avail.

thanks
Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

RE: how to delete old windows 8 product key in bios

Hi Nick,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I need some more information to assist you further. I would like to know how Dell sent the product key and also provide the screens shot of the blocked BIOS key.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

i have the same problem and i need to recover my laptop to factory default settings, my recovery has been lost also by mistake and i can't install windows 8 because i got heis message. the product key entered does not match any of the windows images available

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Hi amgadtoma,

On a Dell system the product key is encrypted on the motherboard, while installing the Operating system, the system will not prompt for the product key. If in case you entered the product key, let me know from where you got the product key.

May I know how you are trying to install the Operating system? Is it from the discs sent by Dell or from the retail version?

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

How can I remove the Windows key from the DELL laptop BIOS ?? I bought a DELL Inspiron laptop with the HOME version system and I have purchased a Pro version. Is there a chance to change the key in the BIOS for the one I have? If not how can I delete it from BIOS ?? Please help

0 Kudos