Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2013 05:00

touchpad scroll function not working in Windows 8 in Vostro 3400

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows8 on pre-existing win 7. My touchpad multi-function touchpad was working fine. Then due to some other glitches I formatted my computer and re-installed windows 8. Now, since the latest update the touchpad scroll function is not working. I have attempted to download the latest synaptics touchpad driver but it does not help( I read on a few blogs etc, and finally downloaded it from this community forum: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/p/19474549/20222091.aspx) . Right after installing it the whole touch pad looses its sensitivity and I have to drag my fingers to make it work. So I uninstalled it again. Now the mouse function is working but not the scroll.

Pls help me solve this. I have gotten so used to the function that suddenly it feels difficult to work without it.

Thanks

1 Message

November 12th, 2014 03:00

Recently I bought Vostro 14 3446, it was pre-loaded with Ubuntu, now I installed windows 8, everything is working fine, except Touchpad, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
I Downloaded windows 8 drivers from Dell website, but those didn't solved the Problem.
www.dell.com/.../drivers

No Events found!