Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2018 07:00

unable to install Dell OS Recovery tool

Hi there,

I need to reinstall windows seven on my inspiron 1470 (Service tag ) but i cant install Dell OS recovery tool (following instructions from this page:  https://www.dell.com/support/article/fr/fr/frbsdt1/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-image-in-microsoft-windows?lang=en#Using_Dell_OS_Recovery_Tool).

I downloaded the file, when i click on "Dell-USB-Recovery-Tool_130JP_WIN_2.2.4047.0_A00.EXE", i accept the user control and then i got that:

Sans titre.png

I guess i must click install, but then i got:

Sans titre1.png ...

Any clue why I cant install it on my dell nor on another acer windows 8 laptop (exactly the same message)?

Some more infos: The laptop got reinstalled by a local IT guy and i guess he didnt reinstall it the proper way with the hidden backup factory image (which i cant find while rebooting anyway)

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 20th, 2018 08:00

Nicoberlin,

Unfortunately, you cannot download the media for the 1470. The system did not ship with Windows 8 or Windows 10. Dell does not support these Operating Systems on the 1470. Also, Dell no longer provides Windows 7 media on the 1470. If your computer had Windows 8 installed and you registered it with Microsoft you can click the link and download the OS from Microsoft.

Windows 8.1 Media Download ISO-Microsoft

August 20th, 2018 12:00

Hi Jesse,

thanks for your quick answer! Nope, the laptop has win seven only. Too bad Dell doesn't provide it anymore. I guess i can download win seven from the same website you linked, or would you see any potential issue?

Thanks,

Nico

July 19th, 2019 10:00

I am having this problem on my Inspiron 3670 installing Support Assistant OS Recovery Tools since it started showing up on my desktop on 5/29/19. Have tried going to web sight, tried install from the notification I get nearly DAILY to install and I have tries Support Assistant. Not sure I really need this and if not how ta HECKI can I remove the notifications to download?

Thanks

3 Posts

July 19th, 2019 20:00

This keeps nagging me too.

It downloads and "installs"... and then does it again.

Please make it stop!  I don't need it, but can't stop the machine telling me it needs this software.

July 20th, 2019 14:00

I have same issue, frustrating. I go thru dell update, it supposedly creates a recovery point (I don't know if it's trashing my good recovery points in WIN10) and tells me 0 of 1 update successful. It's the only thing showing up in dell update however when I go to the site and put in tag number, it show's I need a critical bios update but does not. What gives Dell!

55 Posts

August 17th, 2019 19:00

I'm having identical problem with my Inspiron 5680. Dell Update insists this is an urgent update and then says "0 of 1 installed." I had the same problem with it attempting to install Intel Management Engine Components Installer for the past month or two. 

If these updates are not appropriate for our systems, shouldn't Dell Update stop insisting we install them--or provide a simple way to selectively reject them? Or if they are appropriate and critical, it would be nice if they offered some helpful suggestions about what we can do when the installation fails. This is extremely frustrating, as well as time-consuming.

1 Message

August 20th, 2019 07:00

I am having the same problem on a Inspiron 13-7353 running Win 10 Pro.

1 Message

September 6th, 2019 20:00

Same on Inspiron 5570.  Says it creates restore point.  Tries, states 0 of 1 installed.  Tried multiple times.  Support assistant re-scan still says it is needed, but not shown in list of drivers for system when they are listed by service code.  What gives?

No Events found!