Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2013 22:00

windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5

is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/1423.zzzzzz-pichunter_2800_342_2900_.jpg

just like this photo...

recovery cant... refresh also cant...

23 Posts

January 1st, 2014 12:00

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...

however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....:emotion-7:

then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

2 Posts

March 30th, 2014 13:00

Same problem here: windows 8.1, dell backup and recovery 1.6.2.4. During the installation, when the box of "updating PE environment" appears, i get "factory error 5"

Is there any solution?

Regards

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Francisw,

The link between the operating system and the recovery partition seems to be corrupt. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

1 Message

January 1st, 2014 10:00

I have the same/similar problem - I updated my brand new 1535 laptop to Windows 8.1, now backup and restore does not work.  I uninstalled (as recommended when I tried to install the latest backup/restore program), but when I re-install, I get the error "factorysetup error 112" and the install program exits...

My goal is to be able to restore if the drive/OS crashes...

All help appreciated!

1 Message

January 20th, 2014 09:00

I have exactly the same problem. When I'm trying to instal Dell Backup and Recovery v. 1.6.1.1, during "updating PE environment" I get error: "factorysetup error 112". Please let me know if You already get solution.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 25th, 2014 22:00

It's an improvement over Windows 8.0, but a step backwards from 7 with regards to the UI.

7 Posts

January 25th, 2014 22:00

would you recommend ,that the update is worth updating to someone that is undecided to get windows8.1 and is holding off to update.

1 Message

February 1st, 2014 10:00

Can anyone help me?? I have a Inspiron One 2330 I have the same picture come up as above and cannot get past this, it just restarts and I get back to the same thing again!! I have only had the computer 9 months and online chat say I'm not allowed help. I do not have a boot disk when I brought the computer as it said it was already installed with it all!!!! Please help, my two children use this all the time!!!

April 5th, 2014 14:00

Same here on Dell Inspiron 7520 15R SE Factorysetup error 5. Is there a list of these errors anywhere?

April 10th, 2014 04:00

I found that when the error is reported if I kill the installer from the task manager rather than acknowleging the error that it is installed. 

1 Message

April 10th, 2014 04:00

Again, same problem: XPS 8500, installed Windows 8.1 update, then all attempts to install "Dell backup and recovery 1.6.2.4." don't work (clock turning continuously). Any solutions?

August 17th, 2014 18:00

I am having the exact same problem on an Inspiron 15R.  I so wish I hadn't upgraded to windows 8.1, but now I can't get dell backup and recovery 1.7.1.2 to reinstall and have no back up in place.  And they system won't let reinstall to factory settings either.  What can I do other than by another product for back and recovery?

7 Posts

August 18th, 2014 19:00

if you have the warranty i'd call dell to fix it. If not you can purchase the software.Its the reinstall and recovery discs that was preinstalled when you purchased your computer.

255 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 11:00

SUSIESHELLY,

Please go to the control panel and completely uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery.  There are two entries, but uninstalling the application will uninstall both.  Once you have confirmed that this is done, go to www.dellbackupandrecovery.com and download/install a fresh copy of version 1.7.1.2 and let me know what happens.  If it gives you an error, please post that here.

All others from older posts,

The problem is most likely due to not updating Dell Backup and Recovery to the Win8.1 compliant version PRIOR to updating to Win8.1.  Please follow the instruction above.

Thanks,

23 Posts

September 7th, 2014 21:00

same problem with mine laptop...

i searching that resolution half year already.....

No Events found!