Highlighted
Francisw
1 Nickel

windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

Jump to solution

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5

is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/1...

just like this photo...

recovery cant... refresh also cant...

0 Kudos
127 Replies

RE: windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

Jump to solution

Hi Francisw,

The link between the operating system and the recovery partition seems to be corrupt. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

0 Kudos
gdirwin
1 Copper

RE: windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

Jump to solution

I have the same/similar problem - I updated my brand new 1535 laptop to Windows 8.1, now backup and restore does not work.  I uninstalled (as recommended when I tried to install the latest backup/restore program), but when I re-install, I get the error "factorysetup error 112" and the install program exits...

My goal is to be able to restore if the drive/OS crashes...

All help appreciated!

0 Kudos
Francisw
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...

however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....

then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

0 Kudos
u-piter
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem. When I'm trying to instal Dell Backup and Recovery v. 1.6.1.1, during "updating PE environment" I get error: "factorysetup error 112". Please let me know if You already get solution.

0 Kudos
badgiirl
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

would you recommend ,that the update is worth updating to someone that is undecided to get windows8.1 and is holding off to update.

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

It's an improvement over Windows 8.0, but a step backwards from 7 with regards to the UI.

0 Kudos
LisaMullet61
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Can anyone help me?? I have a Inspiron One 2330 I have the same picture come up as above and cannot get past this, it just restarts and I get back to the same thing again!! I have only had the computer 9 months and online chat say I'm not allowed help. I do not have a boot disk when I brought the computer as it said it was already installed with it all!!!! Please help, my two children use this all the time!!!
0 Kudos
Skapheus
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem here: windows 8.1, dell backup and recovery 1.6.2.4. During the installation, when the box of "updating PE environment" appears, i get "factory error 5"

Is there any solution?

Regards

crapula2010
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same here on Dell Inspiron 7520 15R SE Factorysetup error 5. Is there a list of these errors anywhere?

0 Kudos