Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

November 9th, 2016 18:00

3 Passwords Reset

Hello,

I have a Dell inspiron model 17 5758 17 inch screen laptop running Windows 10.  New model that is. I have had an accident recently while in my F2 setup.  You know how it is controlled by 3 passwords to enter of like so:

1.  Administrator Password

2.  System Password (Bootup)

3.  HDD Drive Password

Well in password 1, I have set an administration password that was off in my keying to it becoming a dud set that locked me out of setup to make any other changes or delete it for another set right.  Ive unplugged the power cable, removed the primary opering big battery, removed the coin cell battery, pressed power to drain the charges, left to sit, and replaced all plugged back in to still be remained locked out of F2 Setup.  Dell has issued me a master password, entered it, and got nothing but wrong password.  I think they misunderstand my problem, they say that can't issue me another, but to send it in for motherboard replacement telling me as well as there are no jumpers to set.  "whoah"  Then they also tell me that im not under a warranty, and if damages made by me are found in my situation, which arent, they would bill me for a motherboard.  All I need is to reset this **mn password.  Is there a way to find the chip to short it safely, anything I missed period.  All help is greatly appreciated vs. me out of misjustice, buying a 300.00 password to pretty much buying a new mother board replacing a new one there bought at least nine months ago when I bought this PC?.....

• 

16.7K Posts

November 10th, 2016 07:00

Woojos,

Dell does not have any generic Windows 10 Admin passwords. You would need to get password reset software or Reinstall Windows. Dell can help you resetting the bios password on your laptop. For this password you must call in. to Dell Support. Dell also does not have any hard drive passwords they can provide to resolve this pw issue. Click the link below for information on possible hard drive pw resetting with 3rd party software.

Hard Drive Reset Tools

1 Message

November 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi jesse, I just replace my dell M4600 defect motherboard with a used motherboard and it were protected by bios admin password so I can't make any change to the bios setting. Is there a way to get rid of this password? Since i don't think the seller would know about the password either.

Or could I get rid the admin password by updating the bios version?

The used mobo still use A08 bios.

Thank you

• 

16.7K Posts

November 10th, 2016 09:00

Akira_0x229,

Since it is a Laptop the only way to reset the bios password it calling into Dell and have them provide a bios reset. Unfortunately, I do not have the tool to provide one. 

1 Message

April 7th, 2018 13:00

help me with my passw. laptop dell inspiron 11 serie 3000. service Express , service tag , after 3 intents System disable C820c53137E21479, . i try in page bios-pw but i dont result with this equipment in specific, with others work.  my passwd BIOS enter is 10 digit.   what i should put in this page for get password correct?

3 Posts

February 26th, 2021 08:00

I forgot my password in the F2 system on my Dell and this is mine diagnostic system number[D0767079818E5671]and this is my can you help me with a new password for I can get into my laptop

No Events found!