Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 27th, 2003 03:00

6 Months of free internet access (AOL)

I bought a Dimension 4550 (2.4GHz, 512MB RAM) back in December of 2002 and it came with 6 months of free internet access (I could choose between AOL, Earthlink, and MSN I think). I chose AOL but never really took up the offer because I already have Optimum Online cable internet. I'm still entitled to my 6 free months right? Nobody ever said that the offer had to be used as soon as I recieved my computer... but the thing is, I can't figure out how to get the 6 free months now. I can only find the standard free trial that any new AOL user would get. Was there some paperwork that came with my computer that I'm forgetting about or something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

18.8K Posts

November 27th, 2003 04:00

synERR,

A few posts down this page you will find this, which answers your question.

10 Posts

November 27th, 2003 13:00

So I can't use it because it's been more than 30 days? Its been about 11 and a half months actually! But that other thread you linked to was from a guy who never selected AOL when customizing his computer. My situation is a little different in that I *did* choose to recieve the offer but just never followed through with it. And nowhere (that I saw) did it say that my AOL account would have to be activated within 30 days, where is that coming from? Thanks for your help.

18.8K Posts

November 27th, 2003 14:00

synERR,

My understanding of the AOL offer is that it must be activated within 30 days, even if it was selected as an option when ordering the computer.

10 Posts

November 27th, 2003 14:00

I can't find anything that says it had to have been activated within a certain amount of time though. Where is "your understanding" from just so I can see some hard evidence?

76 Posts

November 27th, 2003 16:00

You're really much better off without AOL.

11.9K Posts

November 27th, 2003 23:00

@synERR wrote:
I can't find anything that says it had to have been activated within a certain amount of time though. Where is "your understanding" from just so I can see some hard evidence?

It's always been that way.  30 days to activate or you lose the option to do so. 

10 Posts

November 28th, 2003 00:00

ok thanks everyone.
No Events found!