Highlighted
NGMD
1 Nickel

8300 error Voltage Battery

My new pc is a Dell 8300 series and I am having a problem with a message 'System voltage Battery low' on botting up. It gives me an option of pressing F2 to continue loading windows.Although it seems to not effect the operation of the machine I'm concerned it might crash if I do not resolve this issue.

If it is helpful,standard specs for the PC.

P4 3.0 (800fsb),875P mobo,1024mb ram DDR400(PC3200),SBA 2,120gb HDD,DVDRW,9800Pro 128mb,Altec Lansing ADA995 speakers and all the other exciting things.

Many thanks to you all.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
lpollsnoop
2 Iron

Re: 8300 error Voltage Battery

had the same msg with my 8300 - called Dell and eventually

had to reset a jumper switch on the motherboard -

they will talk you through it

Mike P

0 Kudos
NGMD
1 Nickel

Mike thanks for the reply. Believe me I have tried to get Dell to help but they have a puzzled tone to their voices. Anyone got a link or maybe a Dell moderator might chip in....
0 Kudos
JohnK324
3 Argentium

Have you tried poping the watch battery off the motherboard and testing the voltage?  Or, that jumper setting in the previous post may help.  Call Dell again, you'll probably get somebody different.
0 Kudos
Lucimir
1 Nickel

Yes I have exactly the same problem with my brand new dell dimension 8300.  In fact it has just happened to me. When I go to see the state of the battery in the bios settings there is no reference to the battery  within the bios settings that I can see. So I am  temporaily stuck. Mind you I am having a few other problems with my computer of two weeks old such as having system 32 error log opening up on the screen within windows so I am currently trying to  deal with that problem with Dell. So I see that I am going to have to contact dell again with this new problem.

from Lucimir

0 Kudos
NGMD
1 Nickel

Lucmir,

Nice easy solution for you.

Go Start-Run-type   msconfig    then a screen will appear with system configuration utility. Click on the start up tab. Scroll down to /L:ENG and tick this, and press apply. OK. It will will ask to restart. Press ok. The sytem will reboot and come up with " selective Start up" Tick the box and OK it . This problem will never come up again. Apparantly this is a problem with Creative labs software. Happy Times.! 

0 Kudos
Lucimir
1 Nickel

Dear NGMD
Thanks for that. But I need to check something with you which as I went to the start up tab within the system configuration utility the L:eng box was already ticked. So I  unticked it to see what would happen and rebooted but then got another message was did not seem correct. So I   came back on line to  run this past you before doing anything else.

Awaiting for your reply

from Lucimir

0 Kudos
NGMD
1 Nickel

Yes uncheck it. There will be no tick in the box.

The reboot message is correct. The message says something like " you have chosen to use selective start up ....etc" when rebooting.This is correct and will not affect your PC. Selective start up in the system configuration is a utility in windows which helps the user stop unecessary programs from starting at first boot. I would not play with this unless you really know for sure what you are doing.

Uncheck box. Reboot. When the warning comes up at start up,Tick the box(do not show me this again) and all will be fine.

Let me know if all is fine.

0 Kudos
Lucimir
1 Nickel

Found some more postings on the battery problem

Look for this thread

Dimension - General Hardware  "Alert! System Battery Voltage low" message at boot up

from Lucimir

0 Kudos
Lucimir
1 Nickel

Dear NGMD

Respect

your advice worked brilliantly

I now have no more system 32 error folders coming up.

p.s I have posted two other replies saying thank you and I see that they are not here  so I have  no idea where I could have posted the replies.

from Lucimir

0 Kudos