Highlighted
ammr
1 Copper

A *fix* for the Sonic DLA error on load up of Vista

Here is what worked for me to stop the Sonic DLA error on the startup of Vista.

Go to this site: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000131CR

It is a temporary fix(for now), but at least it stops that annoying error from popping up everytime you reboot!
0 Kudos
96 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: A *fix* for the Sonic DLA error on load up of Vista

It's much better to uninstall dla before the upgrade.
0 Kudos
ammr
1 Copper

This was happening on a pre-installed version of Vista from Dell. All was well with my computer until the Windows Update, then I was getting the Sonic DLA error everytime I rebooted. So this fix works for people who can't find another way to stop the error from happening.
0 Kudos
Lin
1 Nickel

The same thing happened to me, also with a pre-installed Vista OS on a new Dell. Thanks for the information and the link.
0 Kudos

Howdy Please, what is the DSL error. I get a message saying that there is a driver incompatability issue and the driver is being turned off. Thanks rlmslo
0 Kudos
andyjt
1 Nickel

I got rid of the DLA error by removing the Roxio Drag Drop program from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

I beleive that Vistas own drag to disc will work just as well
0 Kudos
Aqualung06_
1 Nickel

Roxio wants me to uninstall a Microsoft update on my new E521 which came with Vista preinstalled?  At this time running no anti-virus since there aint no viruses.  Like andy's solution much better.  Think I will live with error message every time new user logs on until Roxio fixes problem.  Appreciate the help y'all!
0 Kudos

Here's a link to the MSKB article as well.

0 Kudos
kathie99
1 Copper

no longer in service
0 Kudos
DanieL_Hatcher
2 Bronze

Good fix. But i can't restore that far back. Is there any other Manual way? As my problem is the Disk Drive uses DLA files.
0 Kudos