Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2012 12:00

Adobe Acrobat X Standard Serial no longer works?

We purchased 6 DELL Vostro 3750's at the beginning of this year and most all of them are having no software issues (hardware another story!), except for one.  The Adobe Acrobat X Standard has decided that it's serial has been used too many times and now it will not open.  This is of course impacting this person's daily business quite substantially.  I have contacted Adobe, and they show multiple uses of this serial over and over which are overriding the previous uses.  I suppose this means DELL is giving this serial to multiple machines they sell, but Adobe does not see this as a multi (more than 2) user license, and just as a typical license.

The software came with the DELL Vostro.

How can I get this to work continually, and not break every time someone else with the same serial turns on and activates their new DELL?  Adobe says there is nothing more they can do for me and refers me to DELL.  

August 31st, 2012 13:00

Hi, 

To assist you better, I would like to know if you received the Adobe Acrobat X Standard Software preinstalled on the laptop or you got on a media CD.
In case you got it on a media CD did you try to install the software on multiple systems?
Meanwhile, please provide me with the system Service Tag in a private message, so that I can check your system details and assist you further.

I am sending you a friend request in a private message, please click on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact information so I may access the system records.

Please reply to my private message.

Thanks and Regards           
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

August 31st, 2012 14:00

The software was already installed on the Laptop.  There was no media.  Serial was already entered as well.

No Events found!