Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2008 16:00

ArcSoft installation problem

Have a Canon digital camera, A95.  It came with ArcSoft photo editing software.  Purchased a new computer from Dell, Inspiron 530, in Sept. 2007.  When I install the ArcSoft program, access to the CD/DVD drives disappears and I get an error code.  Checked the error code here and on Microsoft and there are directions re going into the registry, etc. to resolve.  Not all that savy and fearful of fooling around in the registry.  Have gone back to a restore point to get things corrected. 

New computer runs the Vista Home Premium O/S.  Previous ran X/P Home but still had the same problem when installed.  Seems like a good editing program so I would like to get it on the machine.  Any suggestions re installing but avoiding the optical drives problem at the same time greatly appreciated  Thanks for any help.

179 Posts

April 18th, 2008 22:00

is it a "119 move data process" error

22 Posts

April 19th, 2008 02:00

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  Wracking my brain because I became so exasperated did not write down.  Almost positive it was error code 39 (maybe 38? sorry).  39 sticks in my mind because I think I recall it always referenced together with Roxio when I looked for a solution on the MS site and here. 

84 Posts

April 19th, 2008 22:00

YNEVE

The ArcSoft will not work on Vista.  Canon's web site has the ZoomBrowser you can download that works on Vista.

John

No Events found!