Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2009 06:00

BIOS flash

If I install a new BIOS version and and it doesn't function properly will Restore take me back to the original version? If not, how would I get back to the original?

• 

16.7K Posts

February 4th, 2009 07:00

matofthemint,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You will need to flash it back. Restore will not work.

5.2K Posts

February 4th, 2009 08:00

If the BIOS flash results in the laptop not booting or allowing you into the BIOS, you will need to try to repeat the flash using a bootable CD. Another possibility some have been successful with is clearing the NVRAM by removing the system board NVRAM battery, allowing the NVRAM to clear, then reinstalling the battery. This is not a good option if you are not comfortable disassembling the laptop to get to the battery.

• 

16.7K Posts

GSualo,

You could send a Private Message her e in the Forum to Dell-Chris M. He is our XPS forum Guru. You can also post this question or concern on the xps730 board.

80 Posts

Hi Jesse,

I got an XPS 720 rig, but I am quite interested to OCing my Extreme QX9650 already installed. As you know the current flash bios A06 does not perform any OC for this processor, even though it allows OC for the previous series Q6XXX.

How can I know if Dell is going to launch a A07v. fixing this limitation?. Who should I do speak with for a straight answer?. I don't want to quit from Dell to a built rig.

Thanks for the advice dude.

No Events found!