Re: Backup Utility

In Windows XP Pro Windows Explorer can be found at "All Programs/Accessories/Windows Explorer".  Assume it is in the same spot on Windows XP Home.    Blake

0 Kudos
Miki Jo
2 Iron

Thank you so much!!!  Was always confused as to where the Windows Explorer was with this Windows version. Only previous experience was with Windows 98, and Explorer  was Right There! in plain sight.  This will help me try to install the backup utility. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Miki Jo
2 Iron

After manually installing backup utility, I followed your instructions for backing up, but was unable to execute a backup. I rec'd the following error: "The backup filename could not be used E:\backupAll.bkf. Please ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access."  I dont know what this means. Help!

MikiJo

0 Kudos
Jim Hardin
4 Ruthenium

@Miki Jo wrote:

After manually installing backup utility, I followed your instructions for backing up, but was unable to execute a backup. I rec'd the following error: "The backup filename could not be used E:\backupAll.bkf. Please ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access."  I dont know what this means. Help!

MikiJo

I am guessing that your “E:\” drive is a CD-RW burner???

Backup has no ability to backup to optical drives… You can backup to your HD and assuming the resulting file will fit, copy it to a CD/DVD.
0 Kudos