Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

December 15th, 2014 08:00

Bad Disk - Can Still See Files - Next Steps?

I have a hard drive that went bad, BUT I can still see (and recover) all of the files when I connect the bad hard drive via USB, using a SATA Cable.

With the bad drive, I can still boot and get to the Windows Desktop, but it freezes within seconds and produces the BSOD. The same happens when starting in Safe Mode. I believe I have a bad sector on my hard drive that is preventing my computer from completely launching.

Is there a way for me to clone or somehow do an export so that I can retrieve my application settings for Outlook, Dreamweaver, Office, etc..? Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 16th, 2014 05:00

anim8tr,

There are some options that may work for you at the link below. Some of these options charge to recover files.

How to Recover Data from Failed Hard Drive

3 Posts

December 16th, 2014 08:00

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply....

I have been able to recover all of my data from the failed drive. My question was more related to if there was a way to recover application settings for each of my applications.

For example, I have about 20 email addresses that I was using in Outlook. Instead of adding each one individually (because I haven't backed them up for quite some time), I was wondering if there was a easier way to do this? The same applies to all of the rules I was using in Outlook. Is there a way to recover these by using the files I was able to recover?

No Events found!